Had my baby today, she is in NICU

melany

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had my precious baby today at 35 +3 and I am so happy!

Unfortunately she is in nicu and we don't know when she'll get out. Her blood glucose is low and she needs air through her nose (not oxygen, just air)

Anyone have a similar experience? She doesn't have jaundice, she was 6 lbs 4 oz and her other vitals are looking good.

The NICU nurse isn't really helpful, she airs on the side of caution I'm sure, saying things like "She's doing as good as we can expect of her"

Just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks guys

Hi melany my baby was born at 36 +6 and was in the nicu for 6 weeks the the childrens hospital (holes in her heart) she weighed 5lb 13.
She also had low blood glucose level they think it was because she was IUGR.
She also had congenital pneamonia(spelling wrong i know lol)commonally known as a chest infection she was born with.
I guess your baby maybe being checked for infection? your baby is a good weight for her gestation!
Congrats by the way sorry that should really be the 1st thing i wrote down :flower: take care of yourself and be prepared for changes if your baby gets antibiotics she will be in for at least 5 days wishing you all the best and a quick release!

My lo was born at 33+1 he weighed 3 lb 11oz.

We always said we would aim for his due date and any time before then would be a bonus.

He spent 16days in nicu. We were amazed and never expected him to be home so soon.

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. Hope she's home with her mummy and daddy as soon as possible. She's in the best hands for the minute though they will make her strong for home x

I get to hold her today! They said she is breathing beautifully so mommy and daddy can give her cuddles! I get to go skin to skin!! :cloud9:

Melany you must be so excited! I had my son at 32+1 weeks and he came out needing no respiratory assistance. He started having bradys at around 36 weeks, which was really strange to me since that is when they usually grow out of it. He was put on lo flo oxygen for a few days before they discovered that he was really sick from a bacterial infection. They put him on antibiotics. As he recovered, his bradys completely stopped. He went back to needing no respiratory assistance. He will be coming home this Monday. He's been astonishing all of the nurses and breastfeeding really well too. I have no problem latching him on. Since your baby was born at a later gestation age than mine, I am guessing she will do beautifully and you will be home in no time. When he comes home on Monday, his total stay would be 5 weeks, the infection kinda set him back.

here is a link to my post in third trimester, it has pictures!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...1567541-amelia-louise-birth-updated-pics.html

Amelia Louise looks adorable Melany! I'm glad everything went smoothly for you. Enjoy her!

Congratulations! :cloud9:

welcome to the prem club-I hope her stay in the NICU is a short and boring one. xx

My LO was born at 35+4 and spent two days n the ward with me before being admited to SCBU for jaundice, she spent three nights in there and a night in transitional care with me before coming home. You will probably find that once she no longer needs the air it will be a matter of days and then she will be home.

Hi my little girl was born at 35 + 6 she was taken to nicu with low blood sugar and jaundice which set in quickly. She was tested for various infections to which were all negative and after 1 day of tube feeding and 6 days on the billi bed she was home.

Update! My baby girl came home after 7 long days. We are enjoying every minute with her, even the crying ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->