Had my D&C today.

AS1

Fingers crossed after 3mc
Reaction score
Hi Just thought I would let you know that I had my D&C this morning.

If I'm honest the most painful thing was not physical it was when I had to sign a form to say I wanted the hospital to cremate my foetal remains rather than take them home and bury them myself (I could not bare to do this). I was not prepared for some of the questions I was asked this morning but I suppose thats all part of the process.

Physically I feel drained and quite tender and sore but overall I'm not to bad. As I suffered a "missed" miscarriage with no bleeding I had to take some pills a couple of hours before the operation to open the neck of the womb - within and hour of taking these I had started to bleed so I wonder if maybe the foetus may have come away with just these alone. Obviously I will never know but if I'm ever in the same situation again (hopefully not!!) I may consider trying the pills on their own first.

I suppose everyones situation is different but just thought I would let you know my experience in case it was of any help to anyone.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that :hugs:

AS1
hope you are doing well and will take the time to heal yourself. my thoughts are with you .

Gutted for you,i opted for the foetus to come away naturaly and went through several days of severe pain so maybe your idea was better but my heart goes out to you i know exactly how you feel xx

Big hugs :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss

So sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->