Had my ECV today...

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Just thought I would share my ECV experience for anyone who is curious or might have any questions. My bub is in the frank position (head up, bum down & feet up by his head & facing to the left).

Called the hospital at 8am this morning (like they asked) and was given at call back at midday to go in (I was not allowed anything to eat or drink from midnight last night apart from small sips f water).

Got to the hospital & was taken through to delivery pretty quickly, taken into a room, blood pressure taken, baby manually checked for position. Was then hooked up to a heart monitor for about 45 mins. The midwife then came in with one of the doctors who checked baby on the scanner. I had to wait for about another 30mins as the other dr was called to theatre. The midwife came back & gave me a muscle relaxer shot in my arm (which stung a little), then about 15 mins later the drs came back to start the ECV. Everything they were going to do was explained to me & I had to sign a consent form.

The drs started the ECV, it was pretty uncomfortble for the most part, with a few parts that really hurt, the most painful was when baby's head was up under my ribs & they were trying to push it around, I did get a little teary & upset, but the midwives & doctors were lovely about it & stopped anytime it was too much for me. They first tried to push him forwards, then backwards, but unfortunately he would not budge.

Am feeling ok now & have been booked in for a c section on the 22nd May, am really hoping he turns by himself before then, but he is seeming to be a stubborn little bub, so I think he is happy where he is.

Sorry for the long story, god can you imagine what my birth story will be like lol!

Sorry he did not cooperate, and I hope he manages to turn before your section! :hugs:

Thank you :) I hope he does too, although he seems like he is pretty happy & snug right where he is! Stubborn like his Mum :p

Thanks for sharing hun, I've wondered what it'd be like. Our bub was breech until 36+ weeks, but eventually turned on her own (which I didn't feel happen). I hope yours manages to wriggle the right way up for you! X

Sorry it didn't work - hope baby turns for you before your c-section :flower:

Oh so sorry it didn't work and you had to go through it. If you haven't seen it already there's a good website called spinningbabies that has some good excersises for turning baby. That's what I used and he turned.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm carrying a breech baby & have recently been told about ECV.

Sorry that your little one did not play ball though! I guess he's just super comfy!

X

Thanks for sharing and I'm also sorry it didn't work. Hopefully your bubba will turn before your scheduled c-section.

Been really interested to see what happened with you, as I made a thread about feeling like I was being forced into one by my consultant. Am seeing him on the 20th and am still not keen on an ECV.

Fingers crossed our babies turn soon!

I think if my baby were breech I'd try a head-stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->