Had my first consultant appointment

HappyHome

Big family = Busy family
Reaction score
Yesterday I had my first Consultant appointment at hospital regarding my home birth plans.

She asked me why I wanted a HB, I said to be relaxed at home and be near family, dd2 and dd3 were quite fast if this one is too I'm worried about getting to hospital and would rather be set up ready for a HB than stress and panic. I also hated that DH was kicked out.

She told me the stats for scar rupture (had EMCS in 2001 due to undiagnoised breech which turned to baby getting distressed)
Her main point seemed to be how would I feel if something bad happened and I had made the choice to stay at home.

Obviously no one can force me into hospital and I'm not totally against going in either.
I am going to the VBAC clinic at the end of October so shall see what happens then. She said technically they cant make me go to that either but it may be an education.

She was surprised though that this is #4 and I'd never been under consultant care or offered any support after the section.

ok so you have had 3 pregnancies go fine with three normal births since your section, sounds like you will be fine for birthing at home i wouldnt worry about the previous section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->