Had my first sweep today after a scary hospital trip

BabyDream2011

Reaction score
Just got back from the hospital after a crazy morning,, all started with needing a wee at half 9 and noticed some blood in my underwear not much but enough to make me panic, so i stuck a pad on and waited to feel babys movements with no joy, got to 11 oclock and decided to ring the hosp told me to come in straight away as im due tomorrow...

I was put on a monitor and baby made a right show of me as she was constantly moving and kicking the dopplers about 10 mins after the belly bands were attached to me :dohh: felt like i was wasting their time but supose my mind was put to rest, the bleeding has stopped now...

After the monitoring I had an examination and then the doc offered to do a sweep as my cervix was soft and open but had more opening to do so i accepted without knowing how much it actually would hurt lol, must say it was a painful experience...

I think it might have worked though as now im having contractions around every 15-20 mins with constant backache, hoping this could be it as they seem more intense then before and feels like bump is getting lower and lower :shrug: im getting quite agitated and excited now lol...

They want me to come back tomorrow for an ultrasound and another anti d injection due to the bleed but at this rate il probably be going back in if these contractions pick up :thumbup:

Good luck. I had sweep with dd at hospital as I was bleeding and told i was in labour. She was born after 2 days of labouring. Hopefully it picks up quick for you.

Aww hope the baby makes an appearance soon for u. Good luck

thanks xxmyheart, unfortunatly i dont think it will be tonight now after all,, my contractions seem to have fizzled out but feel stong when i do have one feels like a huge concrete ball between the top of my thighs grinding against my pelvis, there about half an hour apart now with hot flashes :( still got the constant backache though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->