Had steroids and in hospital.

seasaltgrey

Reaction score
Thought I would come here to see ask a question. I'm having twins and 32 weeks this week. I was admittted Monday morning with preterm labor contractions 4,5 min apart and dilated to one. They gave dose of steroids. And sent home today. Wondering if anyone has gone through this and if you did , did you lo come soon after steroids?

Well the steroids are given to speed up the maturity of the lungs. There's really no correlation in regards to time of the administration of the steroids and the time you deliver as each pregnancy is different. You may go to term if the cervix does not dialate further and the labor stops. Or you may deliver in a few, hours, days it;s hard to say.
I had my son @ 25 weeks, i had the steroids @ 23 weeks, so i delivered 10 days later.
Your @ a good gestation 32 weeks, if you get to 34 weeks, you will avoid a lot of the issue's that premature babies face.

My firend has just had a little girl and went into labour at 33 weeks, she was givens teroids and sent hoem and actually went 3 days overdue so you never know x

If it helps it may be a good sign you have been sent home.

My waters went at 32 weeks and LO was born a few days later. I was given steroids as soon as I was admitted but they did tell me that I wasn't going home still pregnant.

The steroids are a precautionary measure to mature the lungs if bubs decides to make an early appearance. Fingers crossed your LO's stay put. However as a previous poster said you are at a good gestation to avoid any of the more extreme complications and problems of having a premature baby should your LO's decide to meet mummy early.:hugs:

Hope all goes well.

hi I had preterm labour and steroids at 27 weeks. it all turned out fine in the end and she was born healthy at 39 weeks.

good luck, hope your babies hang in there a while longer xx

My water broke at 35 weeks.

I was given steroids and admitted. I gave birth that day!

I had steriods at 29 weeks, i didnt have him until 37 weeks so baby may not arrive straight away

I had steroids at 30+2 and gave birth 12 hours later. He was 2lbs, 14oz and is staying in NICU for awhile but he only had to be on oxygen for a few hours and was only on a nasal cannula for a week. So his lungs have been amazing. Just has to gain weight and learn to eat and breathe at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->