Hair grabbing

SpringCrane

Reaction score
My six month old immediately grabs my hair if it's down. I remember my older son going through the same phase, but I don't remember how long. I'm so tired of having my hair up all day, every day. It's not like I need or want to style my hair, but it's thick and gives me a headache and it never actually dries because it stays wet when it's in a pony or bun.

Just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel... When will my hair be safe from him? I also remember the next phase being grabbing my glasses; that was annoying, too!

My 14 month old is still in this phase! DS1 did it too, I can't remember when he stopped though. I actually think he had stopped by now, but DS2 is still doing it. Mind you, my hair is very long right now, which is probably half the reason, it goes everywhere if it's not tied up. I'm getting it cut tomorrow and I'm getting at least 6 inches chopped off.

It's annoying, but they do stop eventually.

My baby does this too. Even when I wear my hair back he will still pull it and then I've got to tie it all up again. The worst is when he grabs my nose or cheeks and digs his nails in, they just don't realise it hurts. My daughter used to do it too but grew out of it at around a year old!

My DD is still doing this at almost 10 months old. I haven't worn my hair down in months, but she will still grab at it and pull it out of my ponytail, it hurts! When she is in the carrier on my back she obsessively grabs at the back of my hair and it honestly pisses me off! But she is too young to understand so I just silently fume while I put my hair back up. I currently have a scab on the side of my nose and inside corner of my eye from her grabbing my face and gouging me with her fingernails. I am getting sick of this abuse, lol.

Haha! Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering infant domestic violence! Yes, those nails... It's always a very clear reminder when it's time to trim them again! He likes to grab my throat, like he's trying to rip out my larynx.

Guess I won't invest in a haircut anytime soon... If no one's going to see my split ends for another six months, I won't bother!

Yesss. Our 8 month old does this and scratches and pulls at my chest while nursing so I have little marks everywhere. I'm thinking of investing in a teething necklace that the mom wears. Maybe baby would play with that instead of me when nursing or in the carrier lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->