• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Half Positive???

westbrja

Reaction score
Ok girls, my cycles vary anywhere from 29 to 35 days with the average being 33 days. The first day of my last period was Aug. 25th so I started my opk yesterday Sept. 6th. I was so excited when I seen two lines and instantly jumped in the bed with the man. Afterwards I was reading the instructions and noticed that my line wasn't "darker" than the control line. At first glance it looked to be the same color. I guess if you really got down and looked at it half of the line was the same color and the other half of the line was lighter. What does this mean? Was this my surge? I was very surprised that my first day ever using an opk I had a positive result, if I did. Can some of you more seasoned gals help me?

Update, ok so i just finished day 2 awhile ago and it appears that todays test line is a little lighter than yesterdays. Im at work and can't compare it to yesterdays, but Im thinking it's lighter. If so, what does that mean? Does this mean that I ovulated yesterday? Also being that yesterday was my first day testing could I have even been positive the day before and that why yesterdays line was half dark? Maybe I missed it already. I thought I was ahead of the game and starting early, but now I'm not so sure. I'm soooooo confused! Ugh!

Honey as long as the line is the same or darker then it's a positive. If it's lighter today then that'll be your surge going down.

Keep :sex:

XX

So should I keep testing, "practicing", or both?

What make of OPKs are you using?

I was using Tesco but they were always as dark so stopped using them. I then used one step (from Amazon) and when i did ov it was so obvious the line was sooo much darker there couldnt be any confusion at all.

Make sure you test between 11 am and 8 pm after not drinking since last wee (it can dilute the result) and holding yourself as long as poss (2 hours or so). Always try to test around the same time of day.

Many people test twice a day around time of expected OV so they do not miss the surge.

I also bought a clear blue ov detector so i could cross check with that, if you get a smiley face you are ov. They are expensive, but i waited till my cheap opks were dark before using them so only used 2 sticks out of the 7 provided.

It is also worth starting to temp on Fertility Friend. It may not make much sense at first but the longer you temp for, a pattern will emerge and it will make sense.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"