Hard and tight bump when walking? Braxton hicks or Pre labour signs?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:,
I have just recently started getting a tight and hard bump across the bottom when I am walking or standing. Not sure if it's Braxton hicks :shrug:

It was happening all day yesterday and has started again today, while I was sat
Eating aswel my whole bump went hard. I also keep getting an ache in my lady region, any one felt this too?

Every time I have googled these symptoms it comes up with Pre labour signs, I'm hoping not as I am only 28weeks tomorrow but I do have a cervical stitch in to try and prevent having a premature baby.

I am experiencing a mild but constant backache also... My whole body is falling Apart :haha:

I would say bh. I've gotten massess all third tri but especially when walking. Sometimes going round Tesco I have to lean on the trolly as they get so strong.... But not painful.

Thankyou :) I thought it might be Braxton hicks just hoping they don't start anything off

I don't drive and walk everywhere, I have this pretty much constantly. Started leaving earlier to get to places as it takes me a bit longer having to stop every few metres to catch my breath when it goes tight. My oh was convinced I was going into labour the other night with the pains I was getting in my lower back, just from carrying a bump round. When my back aches, I lie on the floor for a while (in my living room, not just the street) just to get some proper support and ease some pressure x

If its anything like mine, then it's BH. I find pretty much every night now when I get up to walk around my tummy is hard and tight. It happens at other times as well but it is more consistent at night now.

I've had the exact same since 30 weeks and My consultant told me 100% it's Braxton hicks x

I would say bh. I've gotten massess all third tri but especially when walking. Sometimes going round Tesco I have to lean on the trolly as they get so strong.... But not painful.

Haha, me too, I get some right odd looks!

Hi exactly the same here. It's happens on and off during the day, when I'm laying down at night and Espech when I'm walking. Mine and OH trip to town wasn't very productive as I kept having to stop with my tummy tightening and feeling like if I take another step I'll pee myself! Never had this in last two pregnancys but this pregnancy has been so different.

Don't know re bh as I don't think I've had any, but pain in lady bits I do it feels bruised mw said some ladies get varicose veins there xx

Twinkle3, I was having what everyone told me was braxton hicks last time i was pregnant that started around 28 weeks. I basically walked around all day long with a tight tummy that was very uncomfortable. At 33 weeks my waters broke, and ended up having a late preterm baby at 35 weeks. (I also have intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy that could have contributed to preterm labour so dont freak out!)

This time im on modified bed rest since 26 weeks and go for weekly cervical ultrasounds. Please dont take this the wrong way, every woman is different. But perhaps you should take it as easy as you can and drink plenty of water! Being dehydrated is a major contributor to contractions. Listen to your gut instinct and dont be scared to ask for another cervical scan to see how things are going down there!

Good luck!

Your symptoms sound exactly like mine, and mine are braxton hicks.

My doctor has a good rule of thumb: It is BH if when you sit down and rest awhile they go away. If they do not go away and continue to come regular, this is pre-labor contractions.

I have had many BH from walking for many weeks.

I always believed and was told that if you walk and your contractions get stronger then they're the real thing. Every time I was in real labor I would get up and walk during a contraction and it would get worse.
Just my experience

If you are concerned enough about it to ask on here, I would be on the safe side and get checked out. I have been having the same symptoms you are talking about since Sunday and finally decided to get checked out and was indeed in preterm labor. I was having contractions 2-3 mins apart and dilated 1 cm with baby's head down. I was given IV fluids and sent home but I am still contracting. I have put myself on bedrest and drinking lots and lots of water. I see dr again in a week unless things get worse. Could be serious, could be nothing...but I want a healthy and term baby so I have to get checked to put my mind at ease and make sure she's safe. Hope all is well and this is just normal for you!

My bump is pretty much one big Braxton Hicks contraction when I'm walking around! The rest of the day I probably get BH around 2-3 times an hour. I did go on the CTG monitor though, and they did confirm that it's just BH x

Hi ladies thankyou for all of your advice. i went to the hospital as i was having tightenigs every few minutes. they wasnt painful but i was admitted incase it progresses to preterm labour. they have calmed down now and im waiting to be discharged :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->