Hardly eating after bout of cluster feeding?

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
So the last few days have been.. hard. DS has been attached to the boob pretty much 24/7 for two days. He's been impossible to put down and wouldn't sleep hardly at all unless he was on the boob. He was feeding every hour or less and I'm exhausted! Today though, he's been sleeping A TON (and in his bassinet, not just on me) and not eating near as much. He's pretty much snacking really. It's been 2.5 hours since his last feed so I popped him on the boob and he ate for five or six minutes, unlatched and went to sleep. Surely a five minute feed isn't enough for a 3 week old, so I woke him up about 30 minutes later and tried to feed him but he wants none of it.

Is this normal? Is he just full from feeding pretty much constantly the last two days? He's having normal wet and dirty diapers.

Yes that sounds like totally normal behaviour. I know it's nerve-wracking to think he's not getting enough, but he likely increased your supply by cluster feeding and now doesn't need to work as hard for the milk. Or he's just not as hungry or worn out, like you probably are from the last few days.

Get some rest and enjoy the long naps! At this point I wouldn't wake baby, he will tell you when he's hungry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->