Harmony testing

Sassy77

Reaction score
Has anyone done harmony testing at 10 weeks? I was wondering if people typically do harmony + ips. Or just harmony alone.

Has anyone done harmony testing at 10 weeks? I was wondering if people typically do harmony + ips. Or just harmony alone.

I did Harmony at 10 weeks and a quad screening at around 18 weeks.

i didn't do harmony, but i did the MaterniT21 at 11+5. i had my quad screen done at 16+3.

Did harmony at 9 weeks due to first tri issues. I paid fr it. Did sips & NT as well, insurance paid. All good.

Thanks everyone.. This is my second pregnancy and I didn't even know about this test the first time. I'm not sure why it intimidates me.. It's just a simple blood draw. I guess I'm just shocked that I get to find out so early compared to ips.

Did harmony tell you gender? Or does that cost extra money?

Sorry. Pregnancy brain...did Panorama, not Harmony. Found out gender with results.

I did Harmony at 10 weeks, and we were told the gender. They called us with the results 6 days later.

I'm only ttc but very interested in a Harmony testing after a friend had it done. The price in the UK has come down a lot but it is still very expensive.

I did harmony + NTS to be thorough and since the NTS was covered by insurance, so why not get some extra baby pics....
So glad I did both. I got a false positive on the NTS (low PAPP-A) with 0 risk (well 1 in 10000 or whatever it is) on Harmony. I was so relieved to have both results ready at the same time so I didn't have to wait another two weeks agonizing over the NTS waiting for harmony to come in.
I'd PROBABLY do things the same way again in the future.... but I'd give some serious thought to if I thought the NTS was worth the potential stress.

I just did my harmony test on Friday, at exactly 10 weeks. Now I'm nervously awaiting results!

What is harmony testing?

https://progenity.com/non-invasive-prenatal-testing

It is a non invasive blood test, where they draw blood from the mother on or after 10 weeks, usually at 10-14 weeks.

There is DNA from the fetus circulating in the mother's blood. From that DNA they look at certain chromosomes for Trisomies, specifically Down Syndrome and two others. Depending on your history, there are other chromosomal disorders your Doctor may ask them to look at. Because they are looking at chromosomes they can see if the baby is XY (boy) or XX (girl), and can let you know if you want to know.

The test is currently only covered for those with risk factors, ie advanced maternal age, however, in the US depending on insurance it usually costs $99 out of pocket. The test takes 5-10 business days to get the results back and a genetic counselor from your care provider will call you and discuss the results. For us it took almost exactly 6 business days.

There are several companies that offer it and they all have a different name for the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->