has any of your kids had this done?

meli1981

D, me, and our crazy 3!
Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if anyone one else has experienced their children getting their adnoids out. my daughter has been sick and got a head xray yesterday to check her adnoids. but by her symptoms (snoring, restless sleep, not eating properly, not gaining weight, dark circles under her eyes, and nasally voice) the doc is certain this is her problem. how was the surgery? was your child ok after it? im just scared as ive never had any sort of surgery, and im afraid for my daughter. any advice would be appreciated:cry:

My sisters son had this done. Up until 3 he'd been such a bad sleeper, waking almost every hour. Finally went to the doctor about it and after checks and tests, a sleep centre as well they found his breathing was so bad at night that the reason he was waking was to start his breathing back up again, he was literally stopping breathing!!! Clever body hey!
Scary story but obviously extreme to your case but after the op to remove them he was a perfectly normal healthy boy, no sleep problems whatsoever!

I haven't had a child go through this but I had it done when I was 5 and as best I remember I was running around the ward the next day with no pain or anything, it had no real effect whatsoever, obviously there are always risks with any anaesthetic but as far as that particular surgery goes its not particularly painful or invasive. The worst thing was sounding like I had a cold for months afterwards lol. I know its hard but try not to worry.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->