has anybody been induced at 34 weeks ?

lalos 30

Reaction score
hey all sorry to gate crash just looking for some info ive known for a couple of weeks that my af is low and that my little girls growth has slowed right down so i went to see my consultant today and he seems to think theres a good chance ill b induced next week when ill b 34 weeks have any of u lovely ladies had a baby at this gestation were there any complications ? did baby have 2 go to nicu ? . xx

Theres no straight forward answer as it all depends on the baby. 34 weeks is a great gestation though x

ive been given steroids last week so im hoping thats helped things im just concerned about the fact i have iugr and they have said shes 4 weeks behind in growth x

Your bound to be worried hun, its only natural. Its fab yove had the steroid injections and being a 34 weeker the chances are that he'll be either coming home with you or will be in SCBU for around a week or 2. Dont worry about IUGR your baby is still developing normally just on the small side, IUGR is only really a problem in micro preemies because it just adds to their issues. My daughter was released from hospital weighing around 4lb so theydont keep them there just because they are small x

Sorry just seen your babies a girl. I say he automatically I thinkx

thank you ill just take each day as it comes xx

I had an emergency C at 33 weeks and my little man was in the NICU for 22 days, but no major complications. He was just small at 3 lbs 10 oz. His growth had stopped at 30 weeks. He was almost 5 lbs when we took him home.

Hope all goes well for you and your baby.

Hi, I just had our baby last sunday at 34+2 and he weighed 5lb 3oz which is good for the gestation, he didn't need any help with breathing etc. My af was low because my my waters had gone at 32wks. The first 30hrs or so he breastfed a treat and was alert etc, then decided he was going to sleep and not wake for feeds at all, his blood sugars were dropping so he had to have a nasal tube and I now express for him. He takes most feeds now by bottle and breast but unfortunately sometimes maybe once a day or so he has the feed through the tube cos he's tired. We're hoping to be able to take him home sometime next month. Our last baby (3rd) was born at 31+3 weighing 3lb 4oz and needed cpap for 36hrs then nothing else and came home after 28days 5 wks before he was due weighing 3lb 15oz. They are all really different. They did say on nicu that at 34wks they do tend to be great for a little while then get tired for a bit before picking back up so at least if you expect it, it won't be so bad. Hope it goes really well for you :hugs:
Here is a pic of my little man :)

Attachments

• Oliver arrives sep 4th 2011 034.jpg
    Oliver arrives sep 4th 2011 034.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I just had our baby last sunday at 34+2 and he weighed 5lb 3oz which is good for the gestation, he didn't need any help with breathing etc. My af was low because my my waters had gone at 32wks. The first 30hrs or so he breastfed a treat and was alert etc, then decided he was going to sleep and not wake for feeds at all, his blood sugars were dropping so he had to have a nasal tube and I now express for him. He takes most feeds now by bottle and breast but unfortunately sometimes maybe once a day or so he has the feed through the tube cos he's tired. We're hoping to be able to take him home sometime next month. Our last baby (3rd) was born at 31+3 weighing 3lb 4oz and needed cpap for 36hrs then nothing else and came home after 28days 5 wks before he was due weighing 3lb 15oz. They are all really different. They did say on nicu that at 34wks they do tend to be great for a little while then get tired for a bit before picking back up so at least if you expect it, it won't be so bad. Hope it goes really well for you :hugs:
Here is a pic of my little man :)

thank you so much im just so stressed of the not knowing whats happening etc but ur story has given me hope docs round here dont say much im just really hoping my scan tomorrow will show shes grown a little as they keep saying shes small but they dont seem 2 say how small she is and ur son is absolutley gorgeous i bet ur one proud mummy . thank you so much for taking your time in replying 2 my thread xx

Hi there

My DS was induced at 34wks due to placenta failure at 32 weeks he was born by emergency section after quite a few hrs of stress didn't want to be forced out he was comfy!! Well he weighed 5lb 9 which is superb no word of a lie I had no bump had been for scans every 2 weeks to be told he was a 3lb baby and he wasn't,.. he was put straight on the ward with me and I was in shock as we had been told he would be NICU within 5 hrs he became lethargic and needed NICU this was all due to no steroids they wouldn't give them too me :( thankfully ur wee one has had them whoo hoo so 100% better off and even if your wee one goes to NICU it won't be for long as the steroids genuinely will have helped..

I know exactly how u feel I am now 28weeks and in the same boat again being told no steroids again and what will be will be,... no just tell me what the plan is and we can take it from there I hate being in Limbo... Good luck I'm sure everything will be great

XXxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->