Has anybody had a SAFE/IONA/Harmony (other non invasive prenatal test)?

mk8

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm high risk of Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18) and I've been offered the SAFE test. Currently waiting for results. I was wondering whether anybody has had a non invasive test before? What were your results?

Also, SAFE only tests three trisomies, not all. I wonder whether there are other tests to test the other chromosomal disorders?

Any information gratefully received. Thanks.

I had harmony. Test for the 3 major chromosome things as well. Took 8 business days to come back. For other genetic conditions an amnio/cvs would need to be completed. Good luck!

Thank you mobaby.

Saw your signature. You have had quite a journey. How are you all doing?

You give me hope that a family of four can happen!!

Anything is possible!! We are finally finished and are happy we were able to concieve 2. I said if it happens naturally then we will let it at those point but it won't. It's been hard but worth it!

We are doing good. Had baby, he's at hospital soon but hoping to be released soon.

Hey!

I had my Harmony done today, at high risk of Downs based on low Papp-a.

It's going to be a looooong wait lol!

Hi BreeElizabeth. Hopefully we will both have good results.

What was your papp-a and risk level? How long will results take for you?

Hey mk8 I think the Papp-a levels were 0.4.

The combined risk was only 1:300 but because I'm only 21 my risk level should have been 1:1300 or around that level, so they were concerned because the risk was high in comparison to the background.

I was told the results should take a week but I've read online that they can take anywhere between 7-14 days. How long did they tell you your wait would be?

Will you be finding out the gender with your test? Hoping everything goes well for you. Xxx

1:300 are great odds. Stay hopeful BreeElizabeth.

They said a week for me and the closer I get to that date the more scared I am. But I suppose what will be, will be. Praying all will be well with bubs. I won't find out the gender, just the results of the trisomy tests.

Good luck!

Any results Hun?
Mine should be in today or tomorrow (they told me 6-7 days)

Hi breelizabeth, did you get your results?

I did and I'm low risk. Hoping you got similar results!

That's great news mk8! You must be relieved!
Breeelizabeth, have you had your results. I saw that you had posted a gender update on the other forum, but have your other results come back too? Hope all is well xxxxx

Yes! Thanks ladies. Glad your results were low risk mk8! Ours were low risk too, such a relief xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->