Has anyone bought baby things whilst wtt?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
I am quite a believer of jinxing things but I've bought something as it was on Sale and too good to miss :dohh:

Plus if worst came to worst I could always gift the items at a baby shower or sell them

I bought a Nuk combined feeding set. It contains a microwave steriliser, a manual breast pump, 4 feeding bottles, 2 packs of extra teats, a pack of breast pads and a bottle brush all for £35!
:thumbup:
Just for the steriliser and pump alone bought separately it would cost £50

I know I'm crazy :haha:

It sounds like you got a good deal! I've only bought a couple onesies that I thought were too cute to pass up. My mom bought a changing pad for the same reason lol TTC in July so I guess that's not so terrible. I don't plan to buy any large items/items with warranties until we're actually pregnant though.

It sounds like you got a good deal! I've only bought a couple onesies that I thought were too cute to pass up. My mom bought a changing pad for the same reason lol TTC in July so I guess that's not so terrible. I don't plan to buy any large items/items with warranties until we're actually pregnant though.

Aww everything is so tempting!

Yes I won't buy anything else at all now. I've had my shopping fix lol. Xx

Yes!!! While I was waiting to try for my son I bought some bits, blankets, bibs, teething toys etc. Even a pair of grobags, it was to good a deal to pass up! Kept it mostly hidden from OH. Having a baby is expensive, if you can spread the cost and by a few bits here and there on sale, that can only help. I’m not very superstitious though! Xx

I totally understand! My next purchases will be some prenatal vitamins, the Ava bracelet, and some OPK strips. I totally lied to myself by thinking I could be chill about TTC.

We are going to start trying next month now instead of the summer . If I see little bits and bobs bottles etc I’m defiantly going to buy it lol

Clothes etc I will leave until we know the gender

I totally understand! My next purchases will be some prenatal vitamins, the Ava bracelet, and some OPK strips. I totally lied to myself by thinking I could be chill about TTC.

I keep thinking I'm going to be chilled about ttc aswell. I hope it doesn't turn into a mission that takes over all my head space. Xx

We are going to start trying next month now instead of the summer . If I see little bits and bobs bottles etc I’m defiantly going to buy it lol

Clothes etc I will leave until we know the gender

Good luck xx

I keep thinking I'm going to be chilled about ttc aswell. I hope it doesn't turn into a mission that takes over all my head space. Xx

Yeah, I'm afraid it's already taken over me. Only 3 months away now that it's April! Fortunately, I get to have some birthday fun this month and we have a European trip coming up in May and I'll be busy in the week leading up to that trip with this certification that I'm getting for work, so I have a lot of other fun things to focus on, like booking excursions and picking out outfits.

With things to look forward to hopefully it will pass the time for you xx

Yes! I have a small stash of baby clothes as I loved the guess how much I love you clothes and knew they wouldn't stay in the shops forever!

Nope, I've always waited until I was actually pregnant (and until after my anatomy scan) to really start buying baby things.

Oh boy I have not been so tame! I am a sucker for a good sale :haha:
Being that we are older and my husband already has one child I decided we would pay for everything and not have a full blown baby shower. So I thought it would be a good idea to make a registry with everything I would need to get started with a newborn to see what it would cost. That was just what I needed to decide to start buying right away when I found good sales cause it was going to add up too fast for my liking if I did it in 9mo.

Some things I have gotten for super cheap so far:
Stroller/ car seat system (coming soon its on sale!)
Clothing!!
Shoes
Bottles
Toys
Blankets
Books
Baby bag (also on sale right now)
vitamins for myself
etc.

I will wait on some of the full priced items until we know but if nothing gets used then we will donate it to the women's shelter, so its a win win situation.

My mum is super superstitious so warned me not to, because I guess she knew I would so I am waiting till we are pregnant. Grandparents will be very excited so I know they will shop till they drop and be buying lots of baby things for us anyway. In the mean time I like to watch baby hauls on youtube lol.

If you go on the Little Natural facebook page, they have a promo for a free pair of baby moccasins and you get a free little hat to go with them, you just pay shipping. So I had to snag some! I think they'll be perfect to use when I surprise hubby with my BFP. Can't believe we're ready to start trying, the time has really flown!

https://i63.tinypic.com/1692kg8.jpg

:D you are going to be fine! Don't let it take over everything. Stay relaxed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->