Has anyone ever....

boofangie

Reaction score
Actually Got pregnant from NTNP? Ie: not charting and just taking it in their stride? xx:shrug:

Happens all the time only a lot of the time people call them happy accidents. :haha: With my first we only had sex once that month, you can't get much more NTNP than that. Wether you are TTC or NTNP or even WTT, it all comes down to timing. If you have sex on the right day and all the conditions for conceiving are right, then you will conceive. I think us NTNPers just want to take the less stressful route to get there. TTC can take it's toll on you and by leaving all the technical stuff out of it, it can be a lot more fun. That's my opinion at least.

Yeah they have. Before Google and the internet, most babies would have been conceived through NTNP, though they probably would have called it either trying for a baby, or letting nature take it's course!

Yeah they have. Before Google and the internet, most babies would have been conceived through NTNP, though they probably would have called it either trying for a baby, or letting nature take it's course!

i was feeling really hopeful about letting nature take its course, but after talking to my friends who are mummys, it seems alot of them had plannedrlies! and waited months!
Needless to say i felt like unless i became completly TTC it wasnt going to happen!!

thanks girlies xx

We were TTC properly for 12 months and nothing happened. Month 13 we decided to take a step back to NTNP and did nothing that month and that's the month we conceived!

i was feeling really hopeful about letting nature take its course, but after talking to my friends who are mummys, it seems alot of them had plannedrlies! and waited months!
Needless to say i felt like unless i became completly TTC it wasnt going to happen!!

thanks girlies xx

More seriously, rather a lot of my friends have fallen pregnant within 2 months of coming off the pill and have been shocked, because they either hadn't had an AF at all between finishing BCP and getting their BFPs, or they were so convinced it would take months to happen, that they didn't think it possible.

My best friend was probably the one that may give the most hope to everyone. She came off the pill after June last year. Her and her OH tried for a couple of months - no AF, no BCP. At her Drs advice she was encouraged to hold off trying until her periods returned. In December, her DR advised her to give it another two months, as she told him that were happy not trying at that stage. Meanwhile, she got a tad bit carried away with her birthday celebrations. Come New Years Eve, she was feeling a tad bit dodgy. Someone made a joke that she might be pg. Took a test and lo and behold she was 7 weeks gone!

I do think that NTNP can, and does work, it just might take longer. We also all have different ideas about what NTNP means. For me, it is not charting (no temps or opks), but I am regularly DTD, particularly around the time I think I am ovulating (I am starting to understand EWCM and ovulation pains). I'm on my third cycle in, and next month I might look at opks to properly understand my cycle, but I don't think doing anything else is what I want at this moment. Other people do chart or temp, to get a greater understanding, but don't want to put their life on hold to dedicate themselves to TTC.

What I like about the NTNP forum is that I don't feel like anyone judges me, or that there are other ladies who are trying harder and therefore deserve a baby more than me. (Stupid I know, but TTC looks like it can exaggerate any bad feelings you could be having). There are ladies here who have NTNP'd, joining around my time, and they're now in the First Trimester section, or hovering around here waiting for us to join them (Hi Syllypoohbear! :wave:). It does work. Keep positive, keep 'accidently' trying :haha:, and with a bit of patience and some :dust: you'll get there! :) xx

yep thats how Leo was made :haha: we just had sex whenever and didnt chart anything and just did whatever. Then 1 month of that we were pregnant:haha: we will be doing it again soon. OH thinks he has super swimmers bless him:haha:

We were TTC properly for 12 months and nothing happened. Month 13 we decided to take a step back to NTNP and did nothing that month and that's the month we conceived!

This is almost the same situation as us except we conceived on the 12th month, which was our 1st month after we stopped trying, think we only DTD twice in a 48 day cycle!

Thankyou so much!! I've felt so dissheartend recently! And all the friends who said it was just through NTNP admitted they'd been charting!!
I'm just hoping for the best and trying not to let it take over my life!!! xxx

With my son I came off birth control and within 2 months I was pregnant. No charting, or temping. It just seems like TTC makes having a baby a chore not something fun!!!

yes my first one was an oops (but a wonderful one) our second we NTNP for one month. So now I have an 11 year old a six year old and would like one more I have to wait for my body to get right after the depo shot but I am NTNP again

Yes my second baby not planned but a very welcome surprise must have just touched lucky :D

Thankyou so much!! I've felt so dissheartend recently! And all the friends who said it was just through NTNP admitted they'd been charting!!
I'm just hoping for the best and trying not to let it take over my life!!! xxx

Boofangie, none of my recently pg friends charted. A couple of them tried 'positions' and laying with their hips raised after BDing, but I take the success of those techniques with a pinch of salt. Most of my friends just DTD more frequently than normal and it worked for them. Keep your chin up lovely!

Actually Got pregnant from NTNP? Ie: not charting and just taking it in their stride? xx:shrug:

ME!!!! :blush:
Me and DH had only one rule whilst NTNP and that was to have sex at least 3 times a weeks.... (not that he obviously complained at that) and we were a very active couple anyway!
It took us 3 months to concieve! lol.
xx

AWW! feeling loads more upbeat now! thankyou ladys!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"