Has anyone had a really traumatic 1st birth but successful no.2 HB?

I'm hoping that people reply with lots of positive stories for you. Will be stalking this thread x

Mee!

My 1st was a traumatic Pitocin induction/shoulder dystocia, super long awful labour with episiotomy and a variety of medical blunders.

My 2nd (3 weeks ago) was a very positive zero intervention/medication home birth. I admit, I was transferred in the last 30 minutes (of a 12 hour back to back labour) because my pushing took over an hour and they just wanted to be cautious since my previous was a dystocia (prolonged pushing indicates possible dystocia). But it was great!!!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/h...rth-turned-hospital-transfer-birth-story.html

Yes. My first birth was a planned NCB in a hospital turned laying in bed for several hours, finally getting epidural, Dr pushed ds1's head back in to attach the vacuum, pulled too hard causing a tear, then didn't stitch up correctly causing a blood clot, very painful, had PPD.

I had ds2 at home :) No tearing, no PPD.

Subaru, was your traumatic one a dystocia birth too?

yes aliss, it was, my epis is still very sore too. been back about it but it's healed well from the outside apparently. they've said it's a pain I might have to live with forever. it was the one thing bar a section that ire really didn't want and was completely mortified that I got one. it had completely wrecked my vagina add I'd thought it would.

with delivering my son I thought I was going to die.

yes aliss, it was, my epis is still very sore too. been back about it but it's healed well from the outside apparently. they've said it's a pain I might have to live with forever. it was the one thing bar a section that ire really didn't want and was completely mortified that I got one. it had completely wrecked my vagina add I'd thought it would.

with delivering my son I thought I was going to die.

I'm so sorry :( That sounds very similar to my first experience (and I found the episiotomy to feel worse during pregnancy). The home birth was the best decision I ever made, but part of our dystocia was that I had the epidural and couldn't do things like Gaskin or McRoberts maneuver - without the epi, I was able to do the McRoberts and it relieved the dystocia problem. Being mobile and comfortable in labour made a huge difference.

Big hugs :hugs: No woman should go through a traumatic birth. I had postnatal depression for a year because of it.

My first birth was pretty traumatic. My waters broke at 35 weeks and i had my son 2.5 hours after they broke. It wasn't long and drawn out, but it was very frightening, as i was totally unprepared, and ended up stuck on a bed being monitored non-stop and my son's heart rate kept dropping and then stopping. When i suddenly wanted to push, no one believed me and kept telling me not to. They eventually checked to see my progress only to discover he was crowning, at which point i was just screamed at to push (as his heart had then totally stopped) so delivered him very quickly, which was great because they then took the cord from round his neck and he was fine, right away. But bad because it did alot of damage and it took over 2 hours of stitching to repair! Not a pleasant experience all in all. I was in shock and pretty traumatised for quite some time afterwards. The tearing took a long time to heal also.

This time was totally different. I was at home in my bed, which is exactly what i wanted. I laboured for just over an hour, and it was extremely relaxing and i actively enjoyed it! There was a small moment of alarm when i realised that i was going to deliver my daughter before the midwives arrived, but i knew they were on their way, so managed to stay relaxed. I didn't actively push at all and just breathed through the whole thing. I delivered my daughter with my OHs help and she was born in her waters! No pushing meant no tearing and so a very quick recovery, and the whole thing was wonderful.

I'd thought that months of pain and weeping and mental and emotional recovery was normal, and in retrospect i should have sought more support after my first birth. My second was fab though, even perfect i'd say!

My first was pitocin and forceps job, not nice. I had to transfer with dd2 due to her passing mec in waters. Was devastated buuuuut I did it natural and that was a big deal for me so nee. To repeat this again minus the transfer next time.

My first birth was horrible. I was terrified, stuck on my back, hooked up to monitors, my midwives were rushing in and out because there were lots of other women giving birth at the same time as me, I pushed for a good two hours (purple pushing) and then the consultant came and did an episiotomy and used forceps to yank my baby out. I felt totally horrible afterwards. I was deflated, sore, exhausted. There was no rush of euphoria or love. The best emotion was relief that it was over and we were in one piece.

Second time round, I had a gorgeous home water birth with very little intervention. I was confident and relaxed. I stayed upright. I pushed as I felt the need to (well, breathed mre than pushed really) and caught my own baby. It was magical. (See link in siggy ;) )

Good luck, it can be done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"