Has anyone had appendix out as well as a C section? (not at the same time)

arj

Reaction score
Just wondering what recovery is worse out of appendectomy or C section?

Me again lol...

Had my appendix out and my scar burst open it had made an awful scar.

My two sections....no issues with scars at all.

My c section recovery was worse but that was probably because my wound came open and was also infected.

Saying that, I had severe SPD and could still walk better having had a section than I could before I had my DD!

Oh right. Cos I had my appendix out at age 14 and remember not being able to walk faster than a slow shuffle the day after, but then after that I had no issues and dont remember any other pain except the walk down to the loo at the hospital.

Where as I vividly remember my two episiotomies and how they were painful for so long, in the worst kinda area!!

Trying to imagine what a C sec would feel like!

C section was worse, but maybe cos I remember it better and had more to do afterwards.
At the time it isn't great, but you recover and it gets forgotten. If your due for one, don't worry too much, it's not the worst thing in the world. And there are definate bonus's like being waited on hand and foot by OH!

Section was definately worse - it was a good 6 weeks before I felt anywhere near back to normal, but my stomach still feels weird now. I was only 14 when I had my appendix out though, so I was much younger and fitter. I had 2 weeks off school, but obviously I didn't have a baby to look after so I could just sit around doing nothing whilst I recovered.

C-section was definitely worse - I was in a wheelchair for the 'walk' down to the NICU for three days and shuffled like an old lady for the couple of days after that - it was nearly a week before I even felt like I could walk properly again (and even then I was still holding my stomach, convinced my guts were going to fall out lol)

Pain-wise it wasn't much different, just spread over a larger area (although the after contractions and all that that goes on after labour probably had something to do with that!) and lasted longer by several days.

i had my gall bladder out 2 weeks after my setion and the recovery from that was much longer
x

Does anyone know how much bigger the c section scar is compared to appendix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->