Has anyone had physio??

ribboninthesky

Proud Mum of 3! :o)
Reaction score
One Doc says I have sciatica, other Doc says it's SPD.

It's a hot/icey (if that makes sense lol)/pins and needles sensation I get in my left leg at the top (by my bum cheek) whenever I walk. Actually, the only way I can describe it, is it's as if my trousers have been sewn to my leg with tiny stitches and someone is pulling the fabric away from my leg.

Also it feels like everything is going to fall out of my undercarriage..eek! lol

I'm having trouble bending over and putting trousers/socks/knickers on and taking them off.

Whatever it is, I've been referred for physio so waiting now for an appointment and just wondering what they do??

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give me x

Sounds exactly like scaitica. I am under a physio, and will be seeing one every fortnight for the rest of my pregnancy for my spd. What they do will depend on the diagnosis. If they do diagnose sciatica then I shouldn't think you'll have to keep going more than a few times as they will be able to fix it- they might do some massage. You can get rid of sciatica by gettin someone to massage with their elbow, on the most sore pressure point on your bum. It works wonders, to untrap the nerve!

Sounds exactly like scaitica. I am under a physio, and will be seeing one every fortnight for the rest of my pregnancy for my spd. What they do will depend on the diagnosis. If they do diagnose sciatica then I shouldn't think you'll have to keep going more than a few times as they will be able to fix it- they might do some massage. You can get rid of sciatica by gettin someone to massage with their elbow, on the most sore pressure point on your bum. It works wonders, to untrap the nerve!

Thanks Tori, I just like to be prepared and get a sort of idea of what will happen x

Thats understandable. Am sure you feel better after seeing the physio as they are normally really nice people and there to help you:D

I know exactly what you mean by a burning/icey sensation as daft as it sounds that combo together.
I get that sensation but under my ribs ont he right side at the mo, bloody so uncomfy, dunno what it is though

I know exactly what you mean by a burning/icey sensation as daft as it sounds that combo together.
I get that sensation but under my ribs ont he right side at the mo, bloody so uncomfy, dunno what it is though

It's weird isn't it. Have you ever gone to get into a bath and not tested it, put your hand or foot in and the water has been that hot that it feels icey cold for a second? It's like that - not nice at all.

Tori, I hope I get someone nice and I hope to God it's not a bloke and he wants me to get my pants off ~ I think I'd waddle (I'd say run but I can't run) a mile! :dohh::rofl:

Yes its like a burn but with the numbness cold feeling you get when you sit on your foot or sommit for too long and it goes numb.

Dunno what mine is under me ribs though

lol!:rofl: I very much doubt that you'll have to take your pants off! But if its worrying you, you could always ring up and say that you'd like to see a female physio. I had to see a male physio wen I was a kid (13) for my scoliosis and he was lovely though- in fact I looked foward to my appointments! Haha! Good luck with it, I hope it goes well for you :thumbup:

lol!:rofl: I very much doubt that you'll have to take your pants off! But if its worrying you, you could always ring up and say that you'd like to see a female physio. I had to see a male physio wen I was a kid (13) for my scoliosis and he was lovely though- in fact I looked foward to my appointments! Haha! Good luck with it, I hope it goes well for you :thumbup:

Thanks chick! Now I just have to sit tight and wait to get my appointment through :)

Yes its like a burn but with the numbness cold feeling you get when you sit on your foot or sommit for too long and it goes numb.

Dunno what mine is under me ribs though

Wonder if it could be baby pressing on a nerve? If it's giving you pain I'd get it checked out hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->