Has anyone made their own cloth diapers?

delmeg10

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I didn't use cloth diapers with my first son, because we didn't have the extra money at the time, but I definitely want to with this baby. My question is, has anyone ever sewn their own cloth diapers? I've found quite a few patterns online, and was wondering if anyone has used any of them. Or if anyone has used their own patterns. If you have any suggestions or tips, please let me know. I'm open to anything!

Thanks in advance! :)

Not yet but I do intend too :) There are people here who do and they are lovely!
Only reason I havent is because Im currently on a knitting mission and no more time in the day to take up other projects...plus Im trying to find a particular fabric :)

i would love to make my own though i did look into it and unless you're buying high volume of fabrics it worked out about the same as it was to buy them made. (£12-£17 per nappy)

you can buy nappy cuts of fabrics and there are some nappy making courses in the uk which are typically free.

Unfortunately I'm in the US, so I'm not sure we have that. But, my husband just bought me a brand new sewing machine for my birthday and I can't wait to jump right in and start using it. Though, I've heard it's difficult to find a waterproof fabric that is actually waterproof. I don't know all of the different kinds of cloth diapers and which ones are best, but I did want to try to make the ones with the inserts, because I think they could be more easily made "waterproof".

Thanks for the insight ladies! :)

I stumbled upon this website yesterday that had a few different diaper patterns. I'm just not sure which ones are the best? I would hate to go ahead and make one, and it turn out to not work very well. Does anyone know anything about any of these patterns?

i would start with the simplest first.
same with nappies - every baby is different what works for one may not work for the other, due to their build, shape, chunkiness etc so trial and error really honey.

Thanks littlestar! I think that's what I'll end up doing. I'll try to make the simplest ones for my 21 month old and see how they work for us. Then, maybe I'll move on to the more complex ones! Lol...

What are you favorite styles? AIO's, prefolds, pockets? I was thinking of trying the pockets because it seems like they would probably be a little more absorbent. I don't know.

Thanks so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->