Has anyone successfully introduced a dummy at 2 months?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
My lo loves to comfort suck- I don't mind it but she ends up over eating and then re fluxing and getting upset, hiccups, being sick etc
I've tried one of the flat dummies- she's not interested. Why can't they make a boob like from Meet the Fockers that I could just strap on or better yet my hubby could wear it and give me a rest lol
Any dummy recommendations ? And have I left it too late? X

Me and my OH say we need to take a silicone mould of my boob for lo to suck on haha. We've been trying with a dummy since about 6weeks and he will have the occasion suck on it but noway near interested enough in it to replace comfort suckling on me! :-(

There's a type of tommee tippee ones that my lo has FINALLY started to take, she won't take the normal flat ones. These ones they are bigger than the flat ones, still orthodontic and not cherry shaped.

If you look at the video on their website you can see the different shape
https://m.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/fun-style-soothers/

My daughter would occasionally (like 1-2 minutes) take a pacifier for the first 24 hours after her birth. After that, nope. She occasionally would chew on it when she started cutting teeth, just like one of her water filled rings or gel keys. It was a long, LOOOONG process getting her to even take a bottle for when I was to be in the hospital for a surgery but still would never suck on a pacifier.

Some babies love 'em, some don't. My son loved his NUK straight away, my daughter decidedly not. :shrug: We tried 5 different brands.

I did with DS1. He was 8 weeks when I went out & bought some cos he was waking every 45 mins wanting to comfort suck. I bought a selection in Boots cos had heard babies could be picky! He would only take the cherry teat ones :dohh:

With DS2, I used one from him being 1 week old as I can't sit just letting him comfort suck when I've got DS1 to run around after.

My youngest JUST started to take it, and even now she still much prefers the boob. And it has to be a latex one, she won't touch the silicone ones. Same goes for the bottle nipples. My guess is that latex feels more like the real thing:haha:

try the mam ones, those are the ones my lo started taking

my daughter loves the newborn little angels ones. They are pretty much identical to the mam ones but have little bumps on the base (much like a boob ;) ) she has had hers since 10 days old due to being in hospital and having constant blood tests and canulas we decided to give her some thing to suck on for comfort during these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->