• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has anyone successfully lactated for their adopted baby?

Aimee4311

Reaction score
My best friend will be adopting her sister's baby when it is born. She has always wanted to breastfeed and thought it wasn't possible with an adopted baby, but I told her it was. I gave her a few sites like La Leche League to help her research it. I'm just wondering if anyone on here successfully started lactating for their LO?

i relactated for my daughter when 6 months

i done loads of research, it's best if your friend chats to her dr gets onto progresteron and a pregnancy dose, then stops it when baby is born, starts domperidone, and pumps every two hours, milk should appear within a few days

very very very best of luck to her

Thank you! That's wonderful that you were able to relactate when she was 6 months! :)

I'll let her know for sure! Her sister is only 5 weeks along, so she's got some time. She's researching right now and trying to decide if its the route she wants to go. :) thank you!

as far as i know the sooner your on progesteron the better your chances are, i'd get her to contact her local BF specailist and see if they can do some research

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->