Has anyone tried cumin [or cumin seed] tea?

xdxxtx

NTNP
Reaction score
...to encourage labor?

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

It's just a normal food made into a tea, so I figure it's harmless... but it's so gross. I'd rather baby just stay there, than ever taste THAT again.

I've had cumin seed flavoured buttermilk (I used to live in India and it's a normal-ish thing there) and it's definitely an aquired taste. So I can imagine.

I've never heard of cumin tea for labour, but I've heard of fennel seed tea. It tastes a lot better (like liquorice). Maybe try that?

I've had cumin seed flavoured buttermilk (I used to live in India and it's a normal-ish thing there) and it's definitely an aquired taste. So I can imagine.

I've never heard of cumin tea for labour, but I've heard of fennel seed tea. It tastes a lot better (like liquorice). Maybe try that?

I'm scared to try any other teas... lol... Thanks for the idea; if I'm at 40 weeks and desperate, I'll go for the fennel tea. (Not a fan of liquorice, but it's GOT to be better than the cumin.) For now, I think I'm just gonna stick with spicy food.

I was hoping someone would pop up and say they choked it down and that it worked. Me? I didn't get so much as a mild tightening. :haha:

just a bit of advice it will taste so much better if you boil the water, tea bag, fennel seeds and cardamom with sugar if u have it, when its boiling for a while add milk and bring to the boil.its supposed to help with stomach ache, period pains so im sure it can help with labour :)

It's not actually cumin seed that is meant to work, it's nigella sativa which is a different thing. It is a very strong natural prostaglandin similar to EPO and starflower oil though apparently stronger. The seeds are pretty impenetrable though so you would need to use the oil and make a tea with that in, nigella tastes nice its kind of a smokey aniseed flavour. Some studies have shown that after birth it is great for milk supply also xx

Cumin is good for so many things. My dh is mexican and i frequently make a soup from my mil including cumin. Cumin has soo many benifits anyways https://www.buzzle.com/articles/cumin-tea-benefits.html

Im sure there are ways to make the tea taste better. Do you normally like tea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->