Has anyone used Vitex in early pregnancy?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
Aloha, I am around 5 weeks pregnant and I have read that Vitex can be used in early pregnancy to prevent miscarriage. Does anyone know if this is true? On the bottle it says not for use in pregnancy but there are many anecdotal reports of women using it to maintain early pregnancy so I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with using it in this way. I have not taken it previous to pregnancy.

Do NOT take it. Vitex to sustain pregnancy is only for women who were on it previously and can't/shouldn't quit cold turkey.

Yes. I took it until 12-14 weeks in this pregnancy and my last due to a previous miscarriage. I found it very helpful.

I took vitex previous to my second pregnancy and weaned myself off it in 1st tri. I wouldn't personally start taking it now if you weren't already taking it. I would be very wary of anything that might change my hormones if I was already pregnant.

I took it before getting pregnant but stopped when i conceived, as everything I read said it was not recommended.
I would avoid it.

Yes. I took it until 12-14 weeks in this pregnancy and my last due to a previous miscarriage. I found it very helpful.

I did the same thing wit my previous pregnancy due to miscarriage. I am currently still taking it and will start weaning myself off of it in a few weeks. My naturalpath said with women with low progesterone levels that have had previous miscarriages, vitax can help until the placenta takes over.

However, if you aren't currently taking it, I wouldn't start now.

My doctor told me to stop taking it. I stopped soon as I got my bfp, then got panicky and called my GP. He confirmed to definitely stop as a different set of hormones take over after implantation so it's effectively useless anyway.

I took it up until I got my bfp but it gave me terrible headaches so I decided to stop. All was good with this pregnancy though and I can't help but wonder if it helped. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->