Has this been a sign of labor for anyone???

Hopeful18

Reaction score
I will be 38 weeks in two days. So far the only back pain I've had has been high up by my shoulders (I'm sure from hunching over)

Well, today my lower back has begun hurting. Horribly! It hurts to sit, stand, walk... there is NO relief :( I mentioned this at lunch and someone commented that it could mean labor will start soon. I was wondering if this has been the case for anyone that has already had kids....

Thanks~

I had back pain while I was in labour with DS, but that was from back to back contractions. Its very common to have back ache late in pregnancy but it might be a sign!

I have had back pain for the past week or so...hopefully it is the start of something for you though!

odd question, but is your bra correct fitting??

as your boobs grow it can put pressure on your shoulders etc

I had back ache, mostly around my mid back which spread down to my lower. I had that for two weeks before going in to labour. So might be a sign something is happening :) but as others have said, it is a common symptom in late pregnancy.

That's how my labors start. Like period back cramps. Its where my contractions start I guess

odd question, but is your bra correct fitting??

as your boobs grow it can put pressure on your shoulders etc

I'm not real sure if it's the correct size, I haven't been measured in a while and I haven't bought any nursing bras yet.

I will have to check though! good thought :)

I will be 38 weeks in two days. So far the only back pain I've had has been high up by my shoulders (I'm sure from hunching over)

Well, today my lower back has begun hurting. Horribly! It hurts to sit, stand, walk... there is NO relief :( I mentioned this at lunch and someone commented that it could mean labor will start soon. I was wondering if this has been the case for anyone that has already had kids....

Thanks~

Back pain is how all my labours started. In my lower back just above my bum like a constant ache, after a while the pain started travelling around to my belly also. On my last baby, I had constant pain in my back but no pains in my belly so I went to the hospital to be checked and turned out I was 4 cms dilated. I had my son a few hours later.
Good luck, hope its a sign of the start of things for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->