Has your BF Baby been Regularly Weighed?

sunnylove

Reaction score
I'm kind of concerned because I'm now exclusively breastfeeding my son as of 2 weeks ago. At his first weight check he weighed 10lbs 11ozs, and exactly one week later he only weighed 10lbs 14ozs.

My milk produces about 25-26 calories, and he takes in a good amount. I don't understand why he's not gaining a whole lot? Anyone have any advice? Should I not be so concerned?

Was it the same scale? We had one week we though LO hadn't gained any weight but when she was weighed on the same scale again she had gained 4 oz which I was told was fine.

In the UK it's advised not to weigh any more often than once a month as BF babies do gain in fits and starts. Xx

My baby was weighed at each feed in the hospital, but really only at his checkups since. At 1 week post hospital, 3 weeks, 2 months, 4 months...you get the idea. They weigh them quite often in the hospital though.

I never had either of my boys weighed after the 6 week check with the HV. I would have if I was concerned at all but they were satisfied after feeding and weeing and pooing regularly so I never saw the need.

I had to weigh weekly until last week but only because my baby wa a preemie and came home at 4 lb 13oz . Once he was gaining regularly ( a pound a week) we didn't bother

I take Jessica every 2 weeks. I'm not concerned about her weight, just like to know. There was one fortnight where she gained 0.5oz. The next time I took her it was +7oz. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->