Hate not knowing!

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Im probably just around 6 weeks now. Im so excited and happy to be pregnant BUT I keep saying to myself dont get too happy just in case..

The reason I think like this is because a few years ago my mum was pregnant and it was the first time I went to anyones scan. All qas well so it was a massive shock to me what happened. At the scan they didnt find anything and said she had a silent miscarriage and I think due to this I keep thinking what if it happens to me?

So im basically not allowing myself to be 100% excited yet until I have my 12 week scan and I can actually SEE my baby and a heartbeat.

I sound so stupid because im thinking like this all the time and I dont know what to do to make myself stop!

Anyone else feel or felt similar?

I felt worried in the beginning too, as you just don't really know what can happen. So I done a second pregnancy test to make sure I was pregnant

I would try your best not to worry though, it's healthier if your not stressing out

I understand how you feel. My SIL had a missed miscarriage and I was terrified of the same thing happening to me. But mmc's are quite rare so try not to worry. Be positive :) And congrats!

That's normal Hun, I'm sorry you had to see your mum go through that.
I've had two early losses this year and even now at 18 weeks every time I have a scan ( I've had quite a few due to complications ) I get an awful feeling right before that baby won't be there any more or the heart has stopped etc.
It's such an irrational feeling but I can't help it. And as soon as I see baby wiggling on the screen it's such a relief.
Praying all will be well with your little one :)

Thank you everyone. I have done 7 tests (lol) altogether and each one has been positive so I should really stop worrying! Glad im not alone in feeling like this x

It's not easy to stop worrying, but do stop testing - you're pregnant, that's a fact! Congrats and enjoy :)

I think a lot of moms worry! It's so normal. I barely let myself acknowledge that I'm pregnant for the first trimester and even now I try to ignore it when I can. But I can say from experience, that even when I do my best to keep myself detached, it doesn't stop a loss from hurting like heck. So now I wished I let myself love the babies while I had them.

Ugh, yes. After a miscarriage at 10 weeks, I was SO scared this time around. Tested once a week until my nuchal scan. Even rescheduled a scan at 8 weeks because I was too scared of bad news lol. But don't worry! Easier said than done, but you're pregnant and no amount of worrying will change what's meant to be! I'm so much happier now I'm not being obsessed over things going wrong :) Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

It's natural to worry and in the first instance all you have to go on is a line on a stick! It doesn't help you can't see inside, I wish we could ha ha. I couldn't believe my positives (3 sticks) and even went to my doctor to request she did one, even though she confirmed the others were definitely positive! I had two early scans due to some bleeding and even though we saw a heartbeat at both, I'd convinced myself there would be nothing there at the 13 week scan.. Then I was worried for my 20 week scan.. I was even worried at my 29 week 4D scan, she was fast asleep but in my head all I could think was "she isn't moving". I thought it'd get easier as my pregnancy progressed. It hasn't. I will worry forever!

Other than morning sickness and general first tri crapiness, I've never really acknowledged a pregnancy during first trimester. Until I've had a scan, I can't shake the feeling that something will be wrong, or have gone wrong. I don't think it's particularly unusual to feel that way - just a reflection that early pregnancy is a riskier time, and you don't actually have any evidence of a pregnancy yet (other than symptoms, which I could have been imagining!) I've never been so nervous as the morning of my first scan this time around, but now I can feel movements and have had a few scans, I'm much more settled into this pregnancy :) Hope all goes well for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->