Have lupus need non hormonal birth control not male condoms?

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Have lupus an need to hold of ttc for now until my flare up calms down after this cycle

I don't want to use male condoms because they ones oh needs are mom latex and expensive , plus I'd prefer something I'm in control of.

What can I use? I also can't have an iud because of the rejection and infection risk?

Have you looked into natural family planning? It's basically the same as charting to get pregnant, but instead of BDing on your fertile days you either abstain or use a barrier such as condoms. It takes a couple of months to get used to but after that it is easy really. If its something you would consider either check out Fertility Friend or the book "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility"

Another option, although not so common these days, could be a diaphragm? Bit old fashioned these days but my Mum (a Lupus sufferer) used one for years with no problems, like you because of the Lupus.

Good luck with everything, I know TTC and pregnancy with Lupus can be hard, it's a horrible condition :(

I agree with the PP . . I've been using Natural Family Planning for 14 months and I love it! On my fertile days I actually use a diaphragm and I've really enjoyed it as well. There's no icky side effects like the pill or IUD. Some people say that the diaphragm can get annoying because you have to stop everything to go put it in, but if you're only using it on your fertile days it's well worth it imo and you can also put it in up to 6 hours before having sex if you know you're going to be having it. I would definitely recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. The author does a really amazing job describing how to go about starting everything :flower:

I'm gunna make an appointment with my OB and go get a diaphragm and talk about the natural family planning . Think a combo of both would be good for me, especially since I was ttc and we only have to do this until I get my flares under control z:)

Heres the link to a really good diaphram. My friend swears by it. She says it is more comfortable. https://www.contracept.org/leas-shield.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->