Have to move :(

EmzyJA

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wanted to vent a few things really, I'm feeling a bit down/stressed/emotional as our landlord has given us 2 months notice to move. She needs the property back to move into herself so we're having to find somewhere to live. It couldn't be worse timing really but we knew we'd have to move eventually so I'm trying to look at it positively. We're in a 2 bed house and this is our second baby so need a 3 bed really anyways but I was hoping to move next year as didn't want to deal with the stress of it all whilst pregnant.

It's just a lot to do and it's so expensive to rent round here and there's hardly anything going. I'm checking almost every hour to see if anything comes up but so far nothing. Just need to keep our eyes out really. I'm trying to prepare by packing bits we aren't going to use and starting to get the house ready but feeling so overwhelmed. I hate not being organised and in control of things. On top of that I've still got so much to do before baby comes and I'm worrying now I won't get it all done. I also think we may end up having to move out the area which means moving my daughter from her pre school which she loves and has settled into so well. But needs must ay. Just hoping something comes up soon so we can get the ball rolling and get this all over and done with.

Oh no. That's rubbish timing honey :-(

He you contacted the letting agents in your area and asked if they can contact you of anything turns up?

Also, is your landlord willing to be flexible and maybe give you 3 months to find somewhere given the difficultly?

Good luck, hope you find somewhere soon :flower:

Thank you, yeah I've registered with loads of them. The markets just a bit slow for rentals round here. Just a shame we can't afford to buy. We could pay the mortgage but it's the deposit that's the problem. Wish we had a spare £20,000 lol.

We've asked for extra time but apparently she has a poorly family member that she needs to be close too and sounds like time isn't on her side either. I know that if we didn't find somewhere on time she'd have to go through the courts to get is evicted which can take a while so I'm not too fussed about maybe not finding somewhere by the date specified, although would be best not to have to go through all that. Just such a stress trying to find somewhere, everything else I can deal with really

I'm sorry the timing is bad. Moving isn't fun no matter what let alone while pregnant and trying to prepare the house for a new baby! But I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and you'll find an amazing deal on a 3 bedroom in a location you've wanted all along. And it might be fun to start over and maybe let your other kiddo pick out some decorations for their new room. Try to stay positive!

I am moving too. My lease is over and my husbands been interviewing for a job about 1.5 hours away, so we are moving into my in-laws to be closer because we are sure the job's his. Then when we get up there we are going to start house hunting. It's super frustrating because I want/need to be getting space ready for her, but I can't, and I know it's no guarantee that we will have a house and be ready when she gets here. :hugs:

Thank you, I have a viewing on Monday for a house, a bit concerted about the road and parking but I guess we shall see. Aw newlywed that sounds like a pain, I'd freak at not being ready and settled for when baby comes. But I suppose it'll be worth it all in the end ay. Good luck

Good luck to you. I hope something better turns up.

Unfortunately, we are in the same situation. My husband suddenly lost his old job on Monday, but by some miracle had just been offered a job by another company 3 hours away (he's been looking for months for something better). It's super stressful to deal with selling our old house, moving, finding a new place plus new doctors, hospital, school for my son, etc. I'm having a really hard time finding a rental in the new area so I feel your pain there. I'm sure it will work out in the end, it's just bad timing. Best of luck to you!

Aw no, that sounds rubbish. Just keep looking and I'd also keep phoning. The more you pester the estate agents, the more they will phone as soon as something comes up to get you off their back :p

Aw good luck to you too Jinga. Not good timing ay.

Thank you, I've found a place not far from here, going to view tomorrow. It's actually cheaper than we pay now and bigger, but it's street parking which is a downside. But would mean my daughter could stay at her school. So I'm thinking the parking we could make a sacrifice with if the house is all good. I'd have to drive my daughter to school and back but better than moving her from somewhere she loves going and has settled so well. She only started a couple of months ago. Plus if we're saving money on the rent I can afford the fuel.

Good luck with the viewing-hope it's really perfect for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->