having a bit of a panic

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
the other day i was in m&s cafe having lunch and i bought some orange juice, i looked on the side and it said unnpasteurised, i thought it would be ok since i dont heat my oranges when i eat them, however, i have since found out that unpasteurised juice is very bad for both me and the baby and could contain ecoli and salmonella and now i am having a big panic

on top of that i tried to find the babys heartbeat with a doppler yesterday and it took ages to find and then when it did it sounded a bit irregular

have i hurt my baby? someone please reassure me :cry:

I think if the oj had caused a problem you would know by now as you would be getting food poisoning. Try to relax, it is more than likely ok. Baby's have irregular heartbeats and is usually quite hard to find them before 14 weeks. I doubt that the two were related. You'll both be ok.

i really hope so, im panicking more now because ive just gotten really dizzy and have been doing for the past few days, i know it could just be tiredness or even the last bit of my 1st tri symptoms but im just worried

what are the symptoms of food poisoning? like vomiting? i havent had any of that..

thanks for the reply hun x

:hugs: hope you can relax. I get upset easily so i know it is hard to relax sometimes, but just try to distract yourself, I am sure things will be fine.

Symptoms of food poisoning usually come on pretty fast, vomitting, diarrhea, stomach ache...

I really think you will be fine. Try not to worry too much as that can make you feel sick! Food poisoning doesn't necessarily effect the baby anyway. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Dizziness at 12-13 weeks is very common as the blood volume starts to increase.

Chill out and rest for a bit - I have a feeling you are just fine!, but IF you do start feeling worse in anyway, get yourself seen by a doc as soon as possible.

I never thought of checking orange juice, but I am sure that bubs is fine hun. Please try not to worry, as that isn'nt good for you at all. It's not unusual to feel dizziness around your stage of pregnancy too, I know I did.
xx
:hug:

oh thats brilliant, thanks girls for your help, i really appreciate it :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g