Having school friends over

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
DD is bugging me basically every time after she comes home from preschool (goes 2x a week) to let her have her friends over, it's 2 specific girls (they are sisters).. they're only 3/4 years old so while I'm happy to have them come over, I'm not really sure what you do.

Do I invite them over with their parent? Their dad always does pick up/drop off- I think it'd be a bit odd for me to hang out with their dad while they play, lol. Also you rarely see the other parents, so I'm not sure how it would even get arranged?

Her birthday is in March.. I could wait until then and invite her classmates to her party & get to know her parents better? Really not sure at all but I'm glad she has made friends!

If she is asking then i would speak to the dad and ask him to arrange a play date for the children. I would only ever have the children come with a parent at this age. Even if i was inviting them to a party i'd want the parents to come. It probably would be strange to have the dad round but maybe you could invite another parent and child too.

Oh good idea. I'm sure I could arrange a playdate either at a indoor playground/drop in center/park or with a 3rd parent! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->