Having trouble introducing bottle

Sbmack

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had a similar situation...

My dd is 5 weeks. My dh has been trying to introduce a bottle of expressed milk, but hasn't had luck. We are using medala slow flow nipples and we've tried a Dr. Browns. I haven't been in the room. She's taken it in her mouth, but seems to choke and spit the milk out.

I've heard there are some babies that simply won't take bottles. That scares me because I have to go back to work in a couple of months. She also won't take a pacifier.

Any tips would be appreciated!

I tried several different bottles/nipples. The only ones LO will take are the Similac ones that were free when we signed up on their website. It also came with formula. We tried Tommie Tippee, Advent, Medela (came with pump) etc. No luck. Sometimes LO will not take bottle at all. Even when I leave the room and have someone else feed him.

Also LO refuses a paci, he has taken the soothies only a few times for 1-2 mins. Will be stalking thread...

Hmm. I got a sample of similac in the mail. Haven't opened it bc I'm EBF, but I saved it. I'll check to see if there's a bottle. If not, I'll check out the website. Thanks!

My dd also just took the paci for a couple minutes. I didn't really even want her to use one, but thought it might help with the bottle.

Not much help but it will come! My lil one wouldn't take a bottle at all for months. I went back to work when she was 4 months old and she wouldn't even take expressed milk. I tried a couple of different teats and two different bottles but in the end she took the original bottle. Now at 6 months we seem to be over the worst and she takes a bottle - even from me! I'm still breast feeding her when I can and it seems to be working (touches wood desperately!) I did try a couple of different formulas as well and we've settled on the lactose free Aptamil - the others seem to really upset her tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->