Hay fever

Camlet

Mummy of 3 :)
Reaction score
I am getting married next month & wear glasses, I desperately want to wear my contact lenses but my hay fever has been worse than ever this year! My eyes are so bloodshot as they are so itchy & I'm constantly sneezing it's driving me insane! I was wondering if any of you ladies could recommend a product that actually works that might help? I don't normally get it this bad so have never felt the need for tablets etc & my doctors are a nightmare to get an appointment with lately, not to mention I would feel like I'm wasting their time with something that isn't really that serious IYKWIM? xx

I have to use tablets, a nasal spray and eye drops to get mine some what under control. The tablets I take are called Periactin, you can't get them from super markets etc or drugstores but you can get it from Chemist Direct, they are honestly the best I've used in a very long time, normal tablets do nothing for me. I use optrex actimist two in one itchy watery eyes eye drops, expensive but worth it.

I use beconase nasal spray to help with the sneezing and superdrug own brand eye spray for my itchy watery eyes!

I use cetirizine I get on prescription but you can buy it in shops under the brand names piroteze and zirtek plus a few other own brands x

I also find as a little extra boost to help is to rub vaseline up your nose. No one will know!

I use piriton, I've tried a few and this works the best for me, have you tried washing your eyes with optrex? I find some of the over the counter eye drops hurt my eyes even more (I've had hay fever for over 23yrs now!!) also local (local to you) honey is meant to be good (I've not tried this as I hate honey!!) if all else falls get an air purification unit for your room also make sure you don't dry your towels/bed sheets outside and wash your hair/have a shower before bed as it helps to get rid of the pollen off your skin xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->