HB backing of on pregnancy-- update: he is turning around!

Qmama79

Mother of Finley Ethan(3)
Reaction score
Our first was an accident. He now is a happy 3 year old. In July we agreed on nr2. Got prego immediately. Had a bleed at 6 weeks, but beating heart. Now got severe episodes of vertigo, vomiting and diarrhea. Had to quit working. Now hb is telling me he doesn't want it anymore. That we are getting older etc etc. I made it very clear I am not planning to abort. I have a condition that seems to be triggered by pregnancy and it isn't certain if I will recover after pregnancy. So hb is freaking out. He'll be of no support and I really need it. Aaaaarghhh... Any others dealing with unsupportive hb?

:hugs: sorry hun

My hubby in general didn't really want kids, but agreed bc I really wanted kids. This is our last one partly for that reason, but nothing like your situation- he's really pretty supportive even if it wasn't his idea.
BUT I do have some friends who went through stuff where the hubby wanted the wife to abort or really freaked out a bit. In their cases, the guy eventually came around even though they were having major freak outs, I pray yours does, too! Just don't do anything to your body that you don't want to! :hugs:

It's horrible that you are going through that ! My husband didn't want any more after our second but SURPRISE ! Lol he's been pretty supportive. I can't imagine if he told me to abort :( I'm sure he will come around . Men typically have a different way of dealing with things. Not to mention the fact that pregnancy is different for them they don't have maternal instincts.

He's probably freaking out because he's worried for you. Give him some time and when he's ready, talk to him about your reasons for wanting to keep the baby. I'm sure he'll come around and be supportive. He just needs a little time.

What is this condition if I may ask? I might be able to advise you.
Abortions, even early ones are not without side effects either. I think a healthy pregnancy and re-balancing hormones after is actually a good way to heal. The body goes through a form of reset and cleanout.
I hope your husband comes around! :(

Abortions, even early ones are not without side effects either. I think a healthy pregnancy and re-balancing hormones after is actually a good way to heal. The body goes through a form of reset and cleanout.
I've got Menieres Disease. Started at 7 months in first pregnancy and lasted til I stopped breastfeeding. Deaf in one ear because of it and now first vertigo attacks in 2 years while prego. The vertigo is severe and leads to ER visits if it continues over 3 hours as by then all potassium, sodium and ketones levels are out of whack and I just feel like I'm collapsing. It's ugly.

I've got Menieres Disease. Started at 7 months in first pregnancy and lasted til I stopped breastfeeding. Deaf in one ear because of it and now first vertigo attacks in 2 years while prego. The vertigo is severe and leads to ER visits if it continues over 3 hours as by then all potassium, sodium and ketones levels are out of whack and I just feel like I'm collapsing. It's ugly.

Yes that truly is a bad one. So sorry you are dealing with this! It seems it is triggered by hormonal changes for you. Since you are already pregnant it will be harder to regulate them but it isn't impossible. This is all theoretic advice since I have never helped anyone with vertigo/ menieres disease, but I have read promising success stories. I apologize if some

Menieres is also thought to be linked to a Gluten sensitivity, which unlike a Gluten Intolerance or Celiac disease can not be properly diagnosed yet. Naturopaths often consider a Gluten sensitivity when treating patients. Eliminating a few other foods can also be beneficial for overall health. Pasteurized milk and dairy products because of it's impact on your own hormones as well as lactose and casein which can also be problematic to some. There are two health diets which seem to have a promising success rate, a Primal Diet and a Paleo Diet (Paleo excludes dairy, Primal allows certain Dairy) Here are some experiences of sufferers.
1. https://primaljourney.blogspot.de/2013/07/menieres-disease.html?m=1
2. https://www.glutenfreesociety.org/gluten-sensitivity-and-vertigomenieres-disease/
3. https://www.managemenieres.com/about/
You can then further research the principles of the Paleo or Primal Diet.
Have a look at Paleo/ Primal for starters:
https://paleoleap.com/total-beginners-guide-paleo-fat/
https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

There are several forums that can help: Marks Daily Apple, which has Primal and Paleo Members and seems fairly active, or Paleo Hacks. It can take a while to get a good answer but answer they will.

My own experience: When I was pregnant with my son I was very ill and doctors worried about my health and pregnancy. I had cervical cancer CIN3, Hashimoto's a Pituitary Tumor and many minor problems not too relevant in terms of pregnancy. The effect of pregnancy hormones could have made the tumor grow, Hashimoto's can worsen, both can lead to miscarriage and pre term labor, hormones like estrogen and progesterone can also cause cancer to advance. Back then my husband convinced me to go Paleo. My pregnancy went well and got easier with every month even with minor changes. After I transitioned to Paleo fully and the past years have made a full revovery of all major and minor diseases I had when I was pregnant. I don't need medication, nothing. I started feeling and looking better too.
Aside from diet I have also worked with detoxes and supplements. Postpartum hormones can be out of whack and excess estrogen can have negative effects on the body. While still breastfeeding I detoxed using these supplements. They showed effect within a month and after 3 I was as good as new.
https://longhairedatheart.blogspot.de/2013/03/links-to-herbal-detox-hormone.html?m=1
They can however not be taken in pregnancy. But postpartum it would be an option. Though one thing I do not know about if they are well tolerated by a newborn. I don't know how set you are on breastfeeding but with your special circumstances and depending on how your condition advances in pregnancy you may decide not to breastfeed and detox right away. I usually always recommend breastfeeding and believe it can actually balance a lot of health problems but for you it might keep you in a changed hormone state longer than is good for you. Not every pregnancy is the same so I think you will just have to see.

Natural ways of regulating hormones in pregnancy: Avoid environmental factors. For example, plastic likely to contain BPA, avoid plastic water containers, avoid most cleaning agents, try to live as natural as possible. You can switch to Natural Cosmetics. Conventional Brands contain endocrine disruptors which disrupt your hormones and worse. You can look for safe brands at https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. Some very good brands are for the face 1. Devita (www.devita.net), hair 2. Earthly Delight and generally a clean brand is Aubrey Organics. Not all natural brands are perfect either. I used to work in the development of cosmetic chemicals and the effects on our bodies are truly ugly. It is an easy way to improve your health.

Blue light can also have a bad impact on health. I have been avoiding it for a year : https://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it/
Blue light can also disrupt your hormonal balance. Agaij it is an easy an effective way to improve your health. Candlelight or dim light is very soothing and for electronics or TV blue light filters can be used.
Chris Kresser is also a great source for all sorts of in depth health advice!

Most health problems require an all over make over in a way. So i would strongly advise you to give a health diet a try. If you don't like meat, I believe there are Vegan approaches to this too I just don't have any experience with Veganism and health. I ate Vegetarian when I discovered all my illnesses and I don't think it was right for me. I did not feel great at the time at all.

I am not a doctor, I studied biology and chemistry and then worked in labs and the development of chemicals. However it did not fit with my ethics to sell poison for profit and so I quit my job and became a pennyless blogger that tells everyone how horrible all these things are for you ;) Meanwhile I fixed my own health so I could have another child.

Thanks for all that info.
I've done gluten and dairy free diet last time and it seemed to have done little. I will however, once again, eat more conscious. I will look into the Primal diet. Might be a good idea.
I have joined menieres support group a while ago and reconnected. Seems that something called TMJ (jaw) disorder or misalignment can cause all the misery as well, so I found a physiotherapist and my jaw is almost clenched shut all the time. She worked on it fr an hour and next day I could hear again. Posture, jaw clenching and hormonal/fluid related pressures all affect ears and balance. Vertigo free for almost 3 days now. Wish me luck!!

I've done gluten and dairy free diet last time and it seemed to have done little. I will however, once again, eat more conscious. I will look into the Primal diet. Might be a good idea.
I have joined menieres support group a while ago and reconnected. Seems that something called TMJ (jaw) disorder or misalignment can cause all the misery as well, so I found a physiotherapist and my jaw is almost clenched shut all the time. She worked on it fr an hour and next day I could hear again. Posture, jaw clenching and hormonal/fluid related pressures all affect ears and balance. Vertigo free for almost 3 days now. Wish me luck!!

Hiya,

Sorry to barge in, re TMJ I would suggest you get a good mouth guard made to stop you clenching, it can definitely trigger dizziness but with all my patients ( I work in dentistry) things improve once they get used to a mouth guard also best to sleep with it because it's more likely you will clench your jaw shut more a nights.
Xxxx

That sounds promising too! I am sure there are many little things that you can improve and it will result into a bigger change eventually! Gluten Free for example did not help me much either as I am not doing good on much starch. So potatoes , rice and corn all still caused me to feel less well. I actually feel best on a lower carb diet but it can be hard to keep my weight up on it :/.
Good Luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for your advice! I feel I'm getting somewhere! 4 days vertigo free! Yippie! Massaging, icing and relaxing (and disappearing ms) are all helping!!!

My hb has seen dramatic improvements and is turning around now! Not as negative and freaked out anymore.

Glad to hear the update xx Hope things continue to go well!!

Thanks for your advice! I feel I'm getting somewhere! 4 days vertigo free! Yippie! Massaging, icing and relaxing (and disappearing ms) are all helping!!!

My hb has seen dramatic improvements and is turning around now! Not as negative and freaked out anymore.

Yay that is wonderful he is coming around and you have been feeling better. I hope you will continue to make progress! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->