HCG 63 and Prog 8 at 4+1 ???

mamamoe

Reaction score
I know it's hard to say since it's my first beta levels and I'll know more tomorrow whether they're going up or not, but these levels seem kind of low, right? Especially the progesterone! I did have low progesterone with dd and I didn't take supplements and I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

They didn't see anything on the sono except that my uterine lining got thicker from 16mm Saturday to 24mm today. I go back in a week.

Any thoughts? Thanks ladies! The wait this week is going to be torture.:dohh:

Hope everyone is feeling well! :flower:

Your hcg looks fine to me, and like you said it's the doubling rate that matters. I've seen lots of ladies post with a first low hcg number and then it really takes off and goes up quickly. Your progesterone is low, but if you had low prog with your dd and everything was fine, then maybe that's just normal for you.
Good luck!! and I hope you get a really good rise in the hcg when you get your next level.

Too early to consider hcg as you mentioned but your progesterone does seem low. You said it was low with your first child do you remember what it was by chance? 10 seems to be the lowest threshold I have found online for a sticky bean when researching (had low progesterone with my ectopic) but your right around there so you never know. Hope they see more on your next scan and make sure to update us!

Your progesterone is a little low. Can you ask your doctor for supplements?

She said that she didn't want to give me supplements until they see a heartbeat because she said it would sustain an unviable pregnancy. Does that make sense? :wacko:

She said that she didn't want to give me supplements until they see a heartbeat because she said it would sustain an unviable pregnancy. Does that make sense? :wacko:

I was told this with my ectopic but I still wanted them and they gave them to me (even tho they were technically right that time). That being said my progesterone was boderline low with this pregnancy and supplementation probably saved it until my body kicked in properly.

What was you progesterone with your first child that you said it was low as well?

I was told this with my ectopic but I still wanted them and they gave them to me (even tho they were technically right that time). That being said my progesterone was boderline low with this pregnancy and supplementation probably saved it until my body kicked in properly.

What was you progesterone with your first child that you said it was low as well?

I don't remember what my progesterone was. I just know that it dropped considerably mid-1st trimester and I had to ask what it was and when they told me I was floored because they never called me to tell me and never suggested supplements. I don't remember why I chose not to take supplements when I found out it dropped. It all worked out in the end though. I think I might go get progesterone cream first thing tomorrow. It doesn't have to be suppositories, does it?

And my thinking is that if my progesterone is low that I might mc before the little bean gets a heartbeat, but it would have been viable if it had a chance. Assuming it isn't ectopic.

63 is completely in the normal range for 4+1 (remember some women are just starting to get positives then or haven't even yet). I would ask about the progesterone though because that seems really low and without supplements soon it may be too late.

I don't remember what my progesterone was. I just know that it dropped considerably mid-1st trimester and I had to ask what it was and when they told me I was floored because they never called me to tell me and never suggested supplements. I don't remember why I chose not to take supplements when I found out it dropped. It all worked out in the end though. I think I might go get progesterone cream first thing tomorrow. It doesn't have to be suppositories, does it?

And my thinking is that if my progesterone is low that I might mc before the little bean gets a heartbeat, but it would have been viable if it had a chance. Assuming it isn't ectopic.

The cream is a FAR lower dose than the pills. You can take them orally (actually that's how they are usually dispensed, but OBs like them better the other way). The doctor gave me the option of taking it orally or the other.

The cream is a FAR lower dose than the pills. You can take them orally (actually that's how they are usually dispensed, but OBs like them better the other way). The doctor gave me the option of taking it orally or the other.

Thanks amjon! Do I need to get a prescription or could I get the pills at a health food store or something?

Thanks amjon! Do I need to get a prescription or could I get the pills at a health food store or something?
You'll need a prescription. The cream is OTC, but a very low dose and likely won't be enough to sustain pregnancy. I did use it a couple days until I got into the doctor, but it kept me just barely high enough to keep from bleeding. They do have a kind of cream, but it's meant to be inserted with an applicator that my doctor first wanted to prescribe, but insurance refused to fill it. The pills are pretty easy though even taken vaginally.

I'm familiar with the applicator version as I used that on a prior pregnancy that ended in mc at 7 weeks. I might just wait to hear back later tomorrow on whether my levels went up because I don't want to start additional cream if they are going up. I just hope my body does what it's supposed to! Thanks for all your feedback!

Another thought is that maybe my progesterone did go up since last time as my uterine lining got thicker. Maybe??? :dohh:

Hey hun...I used Progest progesterone cream and although it didn't send my numbers through the roof it was enough of a bump to get me to 12 at 4.5 weeks and I think if it had been lower who knows what would have happened? I actually have a luteal phase defect and start the cream 2 days after O is confirmed and my RE said not to stop after a bfp or we could lose the LO as we had so many losses early on before. It isn't for everyone obviously but in my mind when I couldn't get a hold of suppositories straight away it was better than doing nothing. Hope things workout for you and keep us updated.

Well, I just got bad news about my blood work. My hcg only went up to 70 from 63 and prog dropped to 2.2! I was told I'll probably start bleeding in the next few days. :cry:

Well, I just got bad news about my blood work. My hcg only went up to 70 from 63 and prog dropped to 2.2! I was told I'll probably start bleeding in the next few days. :cry:

I am so so sorry to hear that sweetie.... you never know... ill be praying for you. <3

Sorry things turned out this way so far...hope you are okay.:hugs:

Well the bleeding started this morning. I'm kind of relieved because if this wasn't a healthy pregnancy, I'm glad it ended so early.

I'm so sorry for your loss mammamoe. I don't know if you remember me from another thread. I'm going through the same thing, my hcg was 34 and it only went up to 39 after 48 hours. :cry: I haven't started bleeding yet and my pregnancy tests are still getting darker. I'm having another hcg tomorrow, but I know I'm going to miscarry. Just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you ever wanted to pm me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->