Hcg not doubled-6 weeks

star25

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a scan last week due to bleeding, could have been around 5 and a half weeks to 6 weeks, not really sure

Scan showed a haematoma that explains bleeding as I've had this before and the bleeding is the same as with dd

The sac was empty, a little white line flicked on and off but not enough to say it was something

Hcg Fri was 3461
Hcg sun 48 hrs later 4750

Doubling time is 4.38 days
I've read from 6 weeks doubling time cN be more like 96 hours as it slows down or 4.75 days
Has anyone else heard this or had experience please? Midwife said she hasn't heard this before and they still expect it to double every 48 hours up until 12 weeks?

Waiting for Dr to call back with the next steps

Thank you for reading

I'm sorry to hear the hcg didn't double. Over 6 weeks the time can slow but that's due to a few factors. Mostly because there's exponential growth happening in those first few weeks/ the numbers are low. It's a lot easier to double 37 than 60,000.

Optimistically, everyone's hcg differs. But having the empty sac couple with the such a low doubling rate. For comparison, my last pregnancy was at 41k at 27dpo. DS was 16k at 24dpo. I would typically say I think your dates could be off if you weren't tracking ovulation, but since you had a positive pregnancy test at 2/5. I'm sorry to say but I think this is a prepare for the worst but pray for the best. A lot can change in a week and it's at least increased. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your next scan shows progression.

Adding: it is pretty uncommon to have serial betas done unless there's a pressing reason past 6w because after 6w the best indicator of a healthy pregnancy is the heart rate. I did have a serial beta done with my last pregnancy. I can't remember what I was experiencing, but I had to nag the **** out of my obgyn. I'd have to pull up my notes, but it was a difficult loss so I blocked a lot out. But at 27dpo it was 40,907 and 29dpo it was 52,270. So yes, at that point she was taking 130h to double. I've never had a serial beta done between 4-6 weeks outside of that pregancy/ when my levels were in the single thousands. She had a yolk sac but no fetal pole at 5w2 and sac measuring 5w4d. At 6w4 everything was measuring 6w. I tried checking my notes. I know the doctor saw a hb but they couldn't or didn't measure it or I didn't write it down. Not sure. It was a strange pregnancy. The scans were always super blurry. I never connected emotionally.

Sending all my positive vibes to you.

Hi dobbu, thank you so much for your reply, I'm not feeling very optimistic, everything you say makes sense, if it had doubled I would have felt better about the empty sac situation
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, it's just awful isn't it, I won't be doing anymore betas if they suggest it, the wait is too stressful, the next scan will show what is going on alot more
Thank you again for your help

Unfortunately miscarriage has been confirmed today, it sad but I'm hoping it will pass naturally which it's looking like, didn't opt for meds or surgery
It's made us realise we do want to try for our 5th, before we weren't sure, so I won't be a stranger to bnb!

Unfortunately miscarriage has been confirmed today, it sad but I'm hoping it will pass naturally which it's looking like, didn't opt for meds or surgery
It's made us realise we do want to try for our 5th, before we weren't sure, so I won't be a stranger to bnb!
:hugs: I'm so sorry hun.

Thank you kiwi and bev, can't believe it's over :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->