He found one of his presents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We bought Micah some Batman Lego the other day and OH 'hid' it in our bedroom on top of a wardrobe... Micah came into our room the next morning and pointed to it straight away and asked 'is that Lego?'
.. We changed the subject quickly and I thought he'd forgotten, then yesterday he randomly came out with 'can I play Lego batman please?'! I played dumb and tried to say there was no batman Lego and he replied 'yeah! Is on top the wardrobe mummy!' :dohh:

Haha oh dear, what a clever cookie! You should take the lego out of the box, fill it with papers or something and say "see, no lego, we're just using the box to store things"!

Also you just reminded me DH sent DS1 into our room for something this morning and they never usually go in our room so I wasn't too careful at hiding the their main presents, they are just up on one of the shelves. Hope he didn't spot them :/

Haha oh dear, what a clever cookie! You should take the lego out of the box, fill it with papers or something and say "see, no lego, we're just using the box to store things"!

Smart!

I don't even hide presents, I leave them about the house in their delivery/carrier bags and hope he doesn't go snooping :blush: I really should find a place!

that's good thinking!

We haven't had this happen yet with anything at home, but I've bought presents right in front of them before and just told them we were buying for their cousins lol! Then I told them if they wanted something like that, we'd have to remember to ask Santa and put it on our Christmas list;)

Most of our presents come from Santa but a couple come from mummy and daddy. My plan is that if they ever find something it can be a mummy and daddy present.

I've done that when they were little, bought things while they were with me and then said it was for their cousin. Their cousins are much older than them though so as soon as they figured out that they wouldn't really be interested in toys I stopped doing it lol

Alex went into the cupboard in his bedroom the other day and found a dragon that makes noises, he came running in to me and said "mummy, dragon in bedroom" I was like, nooo, we have to send that to Santa.
Roll on today, I was in my bedroom doing my hair, he went into his, heard him playing with his elephant, next thing I heard was the dragon roaring lol. They are now with the other presents at my mums. The cupboard is normally blocked off but as we are in the middle of packing his room is more like a storage room as he is still in with us.

olivia saw one of her brother's presents on top of the wardrobe last week and said "mummy is that toy for Wesley?" i told her it was a present for my friend's baby but if she thought Wesley might like one too we can add it to his Christmas list and maybe Santa will bring him one too.

My oldest saw one of his presents a while back. I ended up giving it to him for his birthday as was worried it would make him question santa at Xmas as he would have remembered. As it was on his birthday when he opened it he said 'I saw you buy this' :/ lol it was only a busy book tho so never mind

I always just say it's for friends kids birthday or his cousin but I suppose it's only a matter of time before he figures out that he then gets it a Xmas I need to hide things better and stop buying when he's with me.

Cheeky monkey!!

When DD found her birthday presents (I stupidly left them on the desk in the bedroom in a translucent bag) she asked if they were hers and I said "No they're 'Neshas (her cousin)" which she said "Okay, can I play with Nesha at Christmas?" lol. Quick getaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"