He just wont settle!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Stil having probs gettin Oliver to sleep infact its much worse! Nothing seems to soothe him..we have to hold him for hours before he drifts off..then he wakes up crying half an hour later! Even after hes just been fed and had a nappy change and cuddle! Giving him a dummy doesnt work anymore either. :( He is taking 4 ounces of formula now but still seems hungry 2-3hours later. How much and how often do/did u feed your baby at 4weeks old?

I dont know why its so hard for him to fall asleep and why he is waking up so soon and doesnt seem to actually want anything. I hate having him crying all the time i feel bad for not knowing what to do. I thought he might have colic but HV said his cry isnt screeeching enough!? Ive tried swaddling him-works for a short while, but not long enough!

I feel so exhausted and drained and just want a happy little boy! Any advice?x

Ho wlong has it been happening Caitlins just had a phase of this but seems settled today. We were thinking possibily one of the growth phases they have was told they last 24-48 hours and would more than likely appear more grouchhy and want more food in this time. They have a couple of them ove rthe weeks my HV said :confused:

We want to start getting Caitlin use to a comforter we seem to find the big fluffy blanket my OH cradled her in when she came home works now just not keen on it being her sleeping blanket as its quite big.

Do you think it could be gas? How long do you burp him?
Awww and what's with your mood SweetSammi, don't feel lonely hun! (Hugs)

Do you think it could be gas? How long do you burp him?
Awww and what's with your mood SweetSammi, don't feel lonely hun! (Hugs)

Had a big fall out with my OH (You'll see in my last post) We took him doctors this morn, he has colic :( xx

I replied to your other post, but if Oliver still isn't settling of a night, maybe try putting him on another milk, ie if SMA, go to white.....we had to do this at about 5-6wks for Alfie. x

did you find anything that works? weve still got this problem with Kabe, well i say we, but its mainly me lol. He's just not sleeping at all. He used to in hospital all day and all night, but now nothing works at all

We have changed caitlin from SMA to cow & gate and she seems much better!

Started using Gripe water 2day so will let u know if theres any improvement..dentinox and infacol where rubbish! Ive thought about changing formula actually. Oliver has started to become quite sick after his feeds so wonder if perhaps if SMA Gold doesnt agree with him much. xx

Caitlin was sicky still for a day and half ish but then since although the expected that she will be sicky nowhere near as much in amount of times or amount brought up as she did on SMA - not sure if its the milk or coincidence but appears to have worked. If it didn't I was considering going to cow & gate comfort which is for sensitive tummies < something to consider?

Yeah definatelly worth havin a look into. thanks wobbles :) x

I was told by my HV when I was topping DD1 up with formula that SMA can make babies very gassy/ colcky, so I avoided it as she was keeping me up all night feeding @ the time. I was told that Cow & Gate / Farleys easiest to digest.

How true it is I don't know, it was over 3 yrs ago :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->