Head engagement 2nd baby?

sezzolou

Reaction score
I've heard numerous times that after your first, subsequent babies tend to engage nearer delivery date. Can anyone comment on this or offer their experience? DS was born 10 days early. Went to my midwife app today at 36+6 and was told baby is 3/5 engaged. Due date is 13th Jan but the midwife says baby will definately come early! I feel so unorganised still lol.

2nd and more pregnancies do tend to engage closer to delivery date not necessarily due date. I'm due Jan 5 and doc is expecting baby within the week. Its more common that labor starts before engagement but if engagement does happen first then labor is not usually very far off.

Yep, it is usually the case that baby engages much closer to due date. Some second+ babies don't even engage until labour starts to progress.

Eeek, better get sorted then just incase. Still need to finish Xmas shopping, write cards and sort out my birth stuff!! I have planned a home birth...hope it's not Xmas day lol.

Same as others have said. After your 1st they seem to engage either just before or during active labour :) x

This is my second and he's been engaged since week 35...I'm still pregnant :rofl:

This is my second and he's been engaged since week 35...I'm still pregnant :rofl:

^of course there are exceptions to every "usualality". It is possible either way.
I'm on pg #3 and have been in early labor for 24 hours now (just can't seem to get to the active labor stage and lo won't engage ) and they say that the 2nd and more pregnancies tend to have shorter labors! In my experience each of my pregnancies have had resulted in longer labors than the previous! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->