head lice shampoo

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my eldest came home with a letter saying head lice was going around his class. I checked him and he had them so i treated his hair last night. I dont think i have them but if i do what can i use on my hair as im breastfeeding. Thanks in advance x

The most effective treatment for headline is wet combing. Unfortunately it is more time consuming. You basically wet you hair then cover your hair in conditioner (just bog standard cheap conditioner), detangle with a normal comb then get a nit comb and comb from your roots to the ends of your hair (wiping any lice you find off after each stroke). Thing is it takes about an hour to cover every inch of your scalp and is easier if someone else does it for you. You have to do it every 4 days until you've had 3 sessions where you saw no lice to be sure to get rid of all the new hatchlings before they lay new eggs.

I would use tea tree oil as a preventative. If you do notice any eggs you can use vinegar or olive oil and comb them out. I'd put tea tree in your sons hair to ward them off too.

I would use tea tree oil as a preventative. If you do notice any eggs you can use vinegar or olive oil and comb them out. I'd put tea tree in your sons hair to ward them off too.[/QUOTE

Hi do you mean tea tree shampoo? Thanks x

I would use tea tree oil as a preventative. If you do notice any eggs you can use vinegar or olive oil and comb them out. I'd put tea tree in your sons hair to ward them off too.[/QUOTE

Hi do you mean tea tree shampoo? Thanks x

They sell straight tea tree oil usually comes in a small bottle. I would use the straight oil instead of the shampoo.

I use a shampoo from boots that has a tea tree flavour and is designed to deter head lice, you can also get a spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->