Head lice !!!!!

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
So my little 4yr old has head lice & obviously we need to treat the entire family including me.

I popped into the pharmacy today and the pharmacist told me that Lyclear 10minute acting foam would be safe enough during pregnancy (the leaflet just says ask your doctor). Hubby isn't convinced that it's safe enough & wants me to check with the doctor tomorrow.

Just wondering has anyone else used Lyclear 10min whilst pregnant?

I had to treat myself a couple of days a go and I asked the pharmacist and she said the lyclear 15 minutes treatment lotion was safe for me to use.
https://www.lyclear.co.uk/products/head-lice-treatments/head-lice-lotion/
This is the one I used. If you are early in pregnancy I would get a second opinion tho!

Here's the one we got. Hubby has done my daughters hair, but at the moment I'm just sitting here with olive oil on my head. https://www.lyclear.co.uk/products/head-lice-treatments/head-liceshampoo/
Im 13wks pregnant, so still pretty early on

My link isn't working right, but mine was the blue box of Lyclear shampoo

Was it the shampoo? Because I showed the pharmacist both when I went in and he said the lotion over the shampoo! I was also told that the 'nitty gritty comb' is an alternative to product that works with conditioner, which they have at boots!

A friend of mine was in your situation last year and ended up finding a tip about straighteners. I think you wash your hair with normal shampoo, comb it with a louse comb and then use straighteners and the heat will kill off any nits. I think I'd try that before chemicals, especially if it's just a precaution. Also make sure to wash all bed covers on a high temperature.

The pharmacist at boots advised me none were suitable when i asked so I didn't treat myself, just combed with conditioner. Oh also did the treatment for my dd - they do smell incredibly strong. The one we got definitely said not suitable. I hope there are some out there that are ok and that my pharmacist was just not in the know.

The pharmacist in boots told me Lyclear was ok & my midwife also recommended I use it. She said I had to make sure the head lice were gone, so told me to use it.

Most of the lice treatments don't work anymore anyway because lice have become resistant to them, in my experience the best treatment is the condition and comb method followed by a full blow dry and thoroughly straightening it, all of which is perfectly safe for bub too

Do you actually have lice as if you havent found a live louse on you. There's no point in treating yourself. My 4 yo had em few months back and other sibs didn't so only she was treated and no1 else ended up with them

I'm an elementary school teacher, so I've had lice scares in the past. I have a Robi comb, which is great. It's this little comb that you put a battery in and it has a small electric charge, so as you comb through your hair it will zap anything that's alive. I like it because it's chemical free and would give me peace of mind when I might have been exposed to lice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->