Headaches?

Dreamer429

Reaction score
Hi all - I have been having constant, dull headaches since last Thursday (5 days now).
I keep hydrated, I try to eat regularly.. but I wake up with them even!!
I caved and took a Tylenol the other day and even that didn't help :(

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm currently 17 weeks 3 days.

Very nervous this is a bad sign.. also just an anxious person in general so counting down the minutes until my appointment on Friday.. hoping to hear my little girl's strong heartbeat. I feel like 4 weeks is way too long between appointments.. lets my mind go wild.

I have had them for the last 2 weeks as well nothing works but I think mine are related to allergies ��

I've had headaches off and on this whole pregnancy. The only thing that helps is a Tylenol with a small amount of caffeine. Either tea or a soda would work, but I prefer the tea because the hot water seems to help as well. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks ladies --- Maybe mine are also due to allergies! I'm in Kansas City area and there have been reports that it is a terrible pollen season - and I do constantly sneeze / blow my nose..

I would ask your doctor about claritin it is safe during pregnancy but it depends on the person I would be taking it but I use doxylamine at night to sleep so I have avoided taking it this season

My first pregnancy Benadryl was the only thing that helped with my headaches.

This time I’ve been trying to keep my electrolytes up drinking Powerade Zero and it’s really helped

I normally have pretty bad migraines. The only.thing that helps is ibuprofen. Obviously I can't uptake that now. Well into My 2nd trimester my migraines raged on. They only stopped a few weeks ago. Im.22 weeks now. I would get them for 3-5 days at a time. My gyno told me if they became unbearable that I could go to the ER and they would give me IV meds. I never did though. I've been dealing with these since I was 13. So far my pregnancy is going very well. I also had severe migraines with my son and he is a happy 15 year old. The hormones can cause headaches and migraines. You can try using caffeine, eating ice cream. Taking a hot shower and letting it hit the back of your head and neck, a heating pad, or a cold pack. Do NOT use massage as relief as some of the same headache relief points are also points that could send you into labor. (You can rub your head and neck, but I know the spots on your hands and feet can spark labor). These are all of the things I do, hope it helps!

Thank you, ladies! I spoke to my doctor today and she agreed it is likely allergies that are causing these lovely lovely headaches. Blood pressure was nice and low at the appt today and everything else (from what she said) looks to be fine - yay allergies and increased preggo mucus - a breautiful combination! haha

If I don’t drink enough water I’m guaranteed an awful headache. Also, if I cry again I get awful headaches (and I’m a mess at the moment lol) so may be worth ensuring you’re drinking plenty, perhaps a little more than you already do considering you say you keep hydrated. So many changes happening takes a toll on your body, it makes sense to me to increase water intake on top of taking any other measures to help any potential allergies. Certain foods may be triggering them off, cheese and chocolate can be common culprits

I've been having awful headaches that last days at a time, with little relief from anything. Yesterday was the first time I took half a dose of paracetamol to help curb it just that little bit.

It may be worth speaking to midwife or doctor if you're worried.

I know that sinuses can really play up when pregnant. Apparently the tissues swell up and that can cause pressure. I find I get a little stressed out and I'll get a headache brew up almost straight away!

Drinking water, eating and sleeping hasn't helped me at all. If I get just a couple more of these headaches I'm probably going to go to the doctors too! Luckily mine aren't too often at the moment!

I’m 11 weeks and headaches are starting for me too. Tylenol doesn’t seem to help and I drink lots of water. A friend of mine told me Benadryl but haven’t tried yet.

Dreamer, I’m in KC too! South of Olathe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->