Healed ruptured spleen...injured again randomly??

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
About ten years ago or more...I ruptured my spleen. Not a horrible rupture, they were able to save it without removal, but it required a repair to a to the torn part, lots of hospital time/recovery period, drugs and blood transfusions.

Well frick a stick last night in bed I rolled over on to my right side, and I felt a gawd awful pain where my spleen is. Like someone stabbed me with a hot poker. I shot up in bed, and cried it hurt so badly.

I went to the clinic this morning and they seem to think I've injured my spleen AGAIN...though I have none of the same signs as before. No swelling, no bruising of the skin where the blood was pooling from the tear...no blood in my urine. I am going to my GP tomorrow, but I am curious if anyone has had this happen?

Can you just randomly do almost next to nothing to really hurt or reinjury your spleen like that? I think they are being drastic personally. When I first ruptured it, it was a very traumatic injury and was not a simple movement in my sleep! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->