Healthy cooked meal for all the family??!! Help!

Louise23

Happy mum of 3girls&a boy
Reaction score
Heyyy I've never really been a 'healthy' eater. Only now I'm trying super hard and it's meaning I'm making 2/3 meals a night as I'm happy just having a ww meal. My oh would eat chicken and rice everyday but he's Asian and cooks using toooo much oil -.- and the kids prefer lasagna, spaghetti Bol, roast dinner, sausage n chips etc. so I'm just looking for recipe ideas if anyone has and that are healthy and that the whole family could / would eat. Save me cooking so many different thing :) thanks in advance xx :flower:

Do you like what the kids are eating? There's nothing wrong with spag bol etc.
Also, WW meals aren't great, Im afraid. They're full of additives and loads of salt etc.
xx

I do like it yes but though the ww options would be better as ww is a slimming programme :shrug: I make all their meals from scratch so I know what's going in them, so I'd be better to eat with them? :duh:

Sorry! My mistake - I thought you meant the WW ready meals xx

I did!! Lol I mean I make the kids meals from scratch myself xx

Ha ha! In that case, yes, I think you'd be better off eating what the kids eat, rather than the ready meal :)

You need to look at your portion sizes too.

Some meals I have is:

Small plate of pasta with a little sauce
Chilli con carne
Jacket potato with salad
Grilled chicken with salad
Omelette and veg/salad
Cod steaks with veg

Cut down on carbs but don't cut them out. Substitute

White bread for whole wheat or rye
Potatoes for jacket potato
Fried/oven cooked things for grilled

I've lost 2 and a half stones in 4 months with no exercise ( apart from 2 kids lol) so if can be done. Oh, and allow yourself a treat day, that way you feel like you're not depriving yourself of anything. My treat day is on a Sunday xx good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->