Hearing voices

shiawase

mum & expecting # 2
Reaction score
I dont know what this is but i've had it since i was ill with depression and anxiety at 17 but when im just falling asleep i will hear a voice shouting my name, screaming or some other random quote its like they are whispering it in my ear thats what it feels like but alot louder! I havent had it for ages but lastnight i heard a male voice whisper "you are going to die tonight" and i nearly fell out of bed i was so scared it could be to do with stress i dont know but im so scared and am dreading going bed tonight incase it happens again...anyone have any idea what this could be?

dont know hunni sorry... could it not be your imagination playing tricks on you? :shrug: maybe you should speak to your doctor if you are worried about stress though as it must've been very frightening for you :hugs: xx

You poor thing maybe you were overtired or in that weird state just before you're fully asleep? Sorry I'm not much help but do chat to your doc or someone close if it keeps on happening:hugs:

probably exhausted and stressed out. Go tho the doc and see what they say xx hope you feel better soon hun xx

I had it again lastnight but just my name being said i feel like im going mad lol Think i'll look it up on google first before docs just because they made me go back to the priory asoon as i mentioned hearing voices so im worried they might section me or something.

If its just when your falling asleep, its perfectly normal hun. Its just your brain shutting down.

Its more common if you havent unwound before going to bed.

When i worked at macdonalds id finish work at 1 am and go straight to bed and id hear the fry timers as i was drifting off to sleep.

I just looked it up on wikepedia (sp?) Seems it happens to alot of people and is nothing to really worry about, im really stressed and having no sleep at the moment so expect thats why its happening i need to chill!

Try taking a 30 minute relaxing bath with lavendar and winding down or something before bed hun.

I hope it gets better soon, it must be really frightening.

Please talk to your DR if it gets worse xxxx

it could be a number of things hun...i am bipolar and hear voices all the time...if you are very depressed you are at risk if untreated for it to get much worse...don't wanna scare you...get to see your doc....one little tip i find that shuts em up (well with me anyway) is to tell em to shut up (in harsher words in my case lol) or answer them back...crazy i know but works...failing that i take more meds...
Hope you get it sorted hun x it is very un-nerving when it happens..and no your not crazy!!!!

They won't section you unless you are a danger to yourself or others hun. Sometimes I hear my name being shouted just as I am falling asleep, its normal, happens to alot of people I know. Sounds like you're just tired and its just your brain as it alters consciousness. If it carries on or really starts to worry you please see your doc, he/she won't section you. xx

Sounds awful hun :hugs: Hope you can find a nice way to unwind and relax before bed.

Try and take your mind off it by doing something then first thing in morning book a doctors appointment and get it seen to hun, try and sleep well and not to worry. Maybe have a hot bath with a hot chocolate and relax yourself. I know this sounds daft suggesting things to do but all I am thinkin of mind diversion, so you may worry less. Sleep well. Please update tomorrow on how the night went x x

Hello
Im a trainee psychiatrist. If its just when youre falling asleep its called hypnogogic hallucinations. It happens in people without mental illness and is normal. No worries!
Curly

https://lmtf.lilypie.com/PfARp1.png
https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttad007.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"