Heart Palps/ flip flops

Gagrlinpitt

Pregnant with #1 rainbow
Reaction score
Anyone feet with this? It just started Sunday while laying in bed and has been off and on since. I called my ob and they referred me to my GP to hopefully get a holter monitor so they can see what's going on. It makes me a little nervous but at least they are checking it out... My ob said if my GP didn't do anything then they are going to send me to a ob cardiologist...

I get that because of my hypothyroidism. Make sure you get your thyroid levels checked, okay? If you have a thyroid problem, which happens in many pregnancies, you'll want to get it treated because it will make you (more) exhausted and depressed.

I get that because of my hypothyroidism. Make sure you get your thyroid levels checked, okay? If you have a thyroid problem, which happens in many pregnancies, you'll want to get it treated because it will make you (more) exhausted and depressed.

I'm on levothyroxine and I have my levels checked every four weeks.. my last tsh level was 1.20 a week ago and my T4 was 1.0 those are both decent numbers.

I'm on levothyroxine and I have my levels checked every four weeks.. my last tsh level was 1.20 a week ago and my T4 was 1.0 those are both decent numbers.

GOOD! I'm really glad. I get them due to my thyroid issue, and I'd really hate to see someone get as sick as I was with a thyroid disorder. Especially since they're so common during pregnancy.

That being said, I'm SURE you will be just fine. I get heart palpitations during all of my pregnancies, and my OB promises they're normal. Heart palpitations during pregnancy are actually pretty common. You're safe to Google it - I didn't get a bunch of horror stories, just that it's common and normal during pregnancy.

GOOD! I'm really glad. I get them due to my thyroid issue, and I'd really hate to see someone get as sick as I was with a thyroid disorder. Especially since they're so common during pregnancy.

That being said, I'm SURE you will be just fine. I get heart palpitations during all of my pregnancies, and my OB promises they're normal. Heart palpitations during pregnancy are actually pretty common. You're safe to Google it - I didn't get a bunch of horror stories, just that it's common and normal during pregnancy.

Unfortunately I deal with anxiety disorder and have way before I got pregnant so I'm sure that's not helping.

I get them really bad in pregnancy and my thyroid is fine! Last pregnancy I had to go to a cardiologist and they did an echo and a holter monitor. Everything turned out ok, just frequent pvc's (premature ventricular contractions) they offered me medication for it because they were happening pretty frequently on the holter but I declined if he was happy for me not to be on them because I'm weird about taking medicine in pregnancy.
I try to control them naturally, stay hydrated , reduce stress, reduce caffeine, exercise if you are able, and make sure your iron is in range!! They are quite scary when then come one on top of the other and it feels like your heart is going to explode!! Sorry you are struggling and I too struggle with (medical) anxiety!! (Hugs)

Pink thank you so much for responding!!! I'm going to see my GP tomorrow as my ob wanted her to look at new and if not they will refer me to an ob cardiologist. It only seems like it happens when I really start paying attention to it after the first quick episode... So I'm sure it's nothing but you're right it is very scary!

I had dreadful heart palpitations, missing beats and my heart rate being up at 100+ bpm. Turns out I was severely iron deficient! 7 weeks of a strong whack of iron later, things are much improved :) I had lots of cardiology investigations as well but it all came back fine, it was just the iron causing all the problems! Might be worth asking you doc just to double check your levels to rule it out as it's an easy fix if that's all it is!

I had dreadful heart palpitations, missing beats and my heart rate being up at 100+ bpm. Turns out I was severely iron deficient! 7 weeks of a strong whack of iron later, things are much improved :) I had lots of cardiology investigations as well but it all came back fine, it was just the iron causing all the problems! Might be worth asking you doc just to double check your levels to rule it out as it's an easy fix if that's all it is!

I'm going to have my GP check my levels tomorrow when I go...

Good! I was coming back because I remembered to say to get your iron checked, too. You're already covered. I hope everything's great!

So I just got back from my doctor's. They are running a bunch of bloodwork, iron, electrolytes, and a few others. They did an EKG and saw a few PVCs but nothing that made them too concerned. If I start feeling dizzy, fainting, or shortness of breath im to call back immediately and shell order the holter monitor. So all in all.. I'm good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->