Heart racing when laying down

amc90

Reaction score
I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant. I've noticed that it has gotten worse throughout pregnancy when I lay down my heart starts beating really fast and it feels almost like a pressure in my chest. Has anyone else had this? Normally it goes away when I adjust my position or sit up again.

I've not heard it happen that way round before, is it just if you lay flat on your back or if you lay in any position? Could be baby/uterus pressing on a major vein so your heart pumps faster to keep the flow rate up

Are you lying flat on your back when this happens? With my first 4 i couldn't lie flat as my heart would race and i would feel faint. Its to do with the weight of the baby being on a major blood vessel.

I agree with the other ladies is you're laying flat on your back. I passed out on the ultrasound table 4 years ago when I was pregnant with our son. That's when I learned about it.
I started dropping a big pillow behind my back so I can lean against it because I like to lay on my back so it helps.

I agree with the other ladies is you're laying flat on your back. I passed out on the ultrasound table 4 years ago when I was pregnant with our son. That's when I learned about it.
I started dropping a big pillow behind my back so I can lean against it because I like to lay on my back so it helps.

That happened to me last week!! I started feeling sick as she was doing the ultrasound and I didn't say anything so when she was done and she helped me sit up I started see I by stars and feeling like I was about to pass out and my ears started ringing!! She had me lay in my side and told me that was the reason why because I was laying down flat

Ale, that's crazy it happened to you also. I will have my 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday so I think I will see if they can do it with me sitting up or on my side.

I've noticed it's worse when I lay down really quick but it is worse when I'm on my back. I think I have some electrolyte issues going on because my muscles have been really sore and locking up. I guess I'll call the doctor tomorrow.

Ale, that's crazy it happened to you also. I will have my 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday so I think I will see if they can do it with me sitting up or on my side.

I'm getting my 3D ultrasound Monday and I'm scared

I'm getting my 3D ultrasound Monday and I'm scared

I asked her from the start of we could try it sitting up a bit and she was fine with that. It ended up being the same girl that I had last pregnancy so she remembers the whole thing. I started feeling funny, but I think it was more nerves. She would just keep talking which helped and she would ask if I was doing OK and it went much smoother. So just let them know from the beginning.

Yea she told me if I started feeling funny next time to let her know and she will put me on my side.. Lets hope tomorrow goes smooth.. And I have to take the glucose test tomorrow ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->