Heart rate decreased in 8th week - ever seen this happen?

muchwanted

Reaction score
I'm an infertility grad with a history of unexplained repeated losses, and I'm being monitored closely because of a large-ish subchorionic hematoma. Until today, the baby has always looked perfect despite the bleed, but the heart rate actually decreased slightly today compared to Monday. I know that it's supposed to slow down later in the first trimester, and I know there's a lot of error in these measurements, but I can't help but think this spells trouble. It should be steadily INCREASING right around now, shouldn't it?

6+3 HB @ 120

7+3 HB @ 156

7+6 HB @ 150

Has anyone ever seen this happen? What was the outcome? I'd appreciate any advice, thank you.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, as there is always a range when it comes to fetal heartbeats. And you're only talking about 6bpm. If you'd have had a heartbeat in the 70s at this stage that might be something to worry about but 150 is perfect.

At this stage 6bmp means absolutely nothing. I understand your worries with your history but this in itself is nothing to worry about at the moment. Congrats on your pregnancy.

Agree with the pp's! Our babies heart rates will fluctuate throughout the day just like ours do. 6bpm difference is nothing to worry about, especially when it's in the 150's. I'd be much more concerned if it was less than 100.

When the midwife used the doppler (although later on) there would be similar sized jumps because it had woken DD up, then she would try and kick it away like crazy. Like the others have said 6bpm is only very small and 150 is a great hb, the rise may be tapering off as it reaches peak because it doesn't have much further to go

The normal range is 120-160, and it fluctuates all the time. Anything in that range is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->