Heartbroken about my kitty :'(

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
My mum had to have the family cat put down tonight:cry:. She's been in our family since I was about 4/5 years old. She's been with me through everything and used to curl up on my tummy when I was pregnant with my daughter. She was nearly 20 but still was so lively, then my mum came back from a weekend away yesterday, she seemed ill so she was going to take her to the vets on Wednesday (she doesn't work Wednesday's) but she came back from work and she couldn't even walk so she took her in and they had to put her to sleep. Feel so sad, didn't think it would hit me as hard because we've been expecting it for a while as like I said she's pretty old and is getting really skinny and losing her fur, but she was still so affectionate and friendly to everyone.

I'm going round to see my mum after Lily is in bed, I haven't spoken to her yet but my brother said she's a mess but he can't stay with her because he has work so I think me and my sister are going to see her. Horrible thing is I've had this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach all day that something was wrong, really didn't want it to be something like this :cry:

I'm so sorry *hugs*
I had to put my cat down a couple of years ago and it was devastating, she was nearly 20 too. Hope your mum is ok too

I'm really sorry about that. I have a 17 year old dog and I know just how precious pets are. It's so upsetting to lose a pet that you've had a long time. I'm thinking of you and your mum/family. xx

Thanks guys, I went round to see my mum she was devestated and it looked like she'd only just stopped crying when I got there. We had a little funeral, as sad as that may sound to some people, we buried her in the back yard, she looked so peaceful, right next to the jasmine (that was her name) and lit a candle for her. We're also going to decorate the stone we put over where she's buried. Was really sad and it was a tough night.

Bye bye little kitty :cry:

So sorry. I have had more then my share of euthanizing cats due to having alot(8 now but had alot more at one point. old age took its toll)

Many hugs and do what you need to help-stone/burying....whatever feels right will help you.

Thanks guys, I went round to see my mum she was devestated and it looked like she'd only just stopped crying when I got there. We had a little funeral, as sad as that may sound to some people, we buried her in the back yard, she looked so peaceful, right next to the jasmine (that was her name) and lit a candle for her. We're also going to decorate the stone we put over where she's buried. Was really sad and it was a tough night.

Bye bye little kitty :cry:

Doesn't sound sad to me! When my dog dies we will bury her too. xx

I'm really sorry hun :hugs:. Her little funeral sounds really lovely. :hugs:

So sorry to hear that :( my kitty is only 2 but he is part of the family and I'd be completely devastated if we lost him, which I know we will one day :(

I'm so sorry hun, you must be devastated :hugs:

I think it's lovely that you had a funeral for her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"