Heartbroken from missed miscarriage

Bhenso7

Reaction score
It's a very sad time for my husband and I. The last two days have been a nightmare and a learning experience.
We went to see our doctor in Richmond yesterday for our 12 week check-up. Sadly, we learned during the ultrasound that our baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at six weeks. It was very difficult for me to comprehend these words and how this was even possible. We had a "missed miscarriage" and didn't even know that was a thing.
We were so confused. I still felt very pregnant with all of the normal symptoms, fatigue, increased appetite, the hormones, breast soreness, and above all, a growing belly. We learned that even though the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, my body did not expel the pregnancy tissue, and my belly continued to grow with the gestational sac. The placenta was still producing hormones since my body did not recognize the pregnancy loss. It was so hard to understand how I've been carrying my baby who didn't have a heartbeat for the last six weeks. It was six weeks ago that I had the initial ultrasound and heard my baby's heartbeat where everything was normal. Our doctor said that it happened shortly after that last ultrasound and that when this type of miscarriage occurs, it's usually due to chromosomal abnormalities that take place during fertilization. Still, it will always be a mystery to us.
As a result of all of this, I was scheduled for surgery today and underwent the d&c procedure since my body didn't expel the fetus on its own. I felt my baby was taken from me. My husband has been my rock and has stayed strong for me even though he's hurting just as much as I am. There's no physical pain. There's only an overwhelming emotional agony that we feel. We hadn't been trying to have a baby, but the news of being pregnant had changed our lives since the second we found out. I feel a huge void and want to wake up from this bad dream, but it's very real. As much as we are hurting, we know without a doubt, that this is God's plan for us, and that sometimes bad things happen for a greater good. It's for that reason that we know we'll be okay and move on to try again one day. We also want to say how sorry we are to all of those who have experienced this before or who will in the future. We know your pain. It is great loss.

I'm so sorry for both you and your husband. I too went through a miscarriage yesterday and can say it was possibly the worst day of my life, the pain was excrutiating and the blood non-stop. I can't imagine the emotional pain of a missed miscarriage, I went and had a checkup because I started to bleed so prepared myself for the worst, you were going expecting happy news and a picture of your baby. I really don't know what to say other than I understand what you are going through and the emptiness it makes you feel. If you need to talk feel free to private message me. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers xxx

i'm sorry you're growing through this.

i had a missed miscarriage in january at 9 weeks. i passed everything naturally, but it was still very horrible, and there's not a day that goes by that i don't think about it.

hugs.

I m so very sorry for your loss. I ve had 2mmc and 1mc and unfortunately I still remember that feeling of being in a nightmare and desperately wanting to wake up. I still remember that emptiness after the d&c. But what I can tell you is that one day, it won't hurt so badly..you re always going to hurt and miss your baby but you ll be able to smile again, you ll be able to think of your baby and just talk to your angel up in heaven..until then i hope you and your husband can find comfort in each other. I ll be praying for peace.

My husband and I just went through this, it is absolutely devastating. Sending your family much love and healing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->